Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

I get where you are coming from, but a post like this seems to forget that Butch was given 5 years. That means the entire roster was his. He wasn’t getting it done. We gave that guy every chance.
No it doesn’t. Kiffin left of his own volition after 1. Dooley had 3. Butch had 5. Pruitt will have 3 if gone this year. If you count the Kiffin departure, that’s exactly 3 year average. Without it, the average is 3.66 years per coach. I was a little tipsy and eyeballed 3.25 last night as the average. I’m not saying Pruitt is the guy. I’m just saying I’m not sure there is a The Guy out there. People are making Hugh Freeze into some sort of deity. He won at Ole Miss because he cheated and cheated so brazenly that he got caught. He won at Liberty, but what does that proof. The former Johnny-Come-Lately most hated coach on VN (Butch) won at the lower levels too.

What has you confident that he’s safe? Everything I’ve read is to the contrary
IDK just the cutting loose of recruits last night at the last minute. Not sure they would let a coach that is going to be fired on Sunday have that much control. Could be wrong. I'm just in the I'll believe when I see it mode with making a move.

No it doesn’t. Kiffin left of his own volition after 1. Dooley had 3. Butch had 5. Pruitt will have 3 if gone this year. If you count the Kiffin departure, that’s exactly 3 year average. Without it, the average is 3.66 years per coach. I was a little tipsy and eyeballed 3.25 last night as the average. I’m not saying Pruitt is the guy. I’m just saying I’m not sure there is a The Guy out there. People are making Hugh Freeze into some sort of deity. He won at Ole Miss because he cheated and cheated so brazenly that he got caught. He won at Liberty, but what does that proof. The former Johnny-Come-Lately most hated coach on VN (Butch) won at the lower levels too.
Who doesn’t cheat in the Sec? Vandy that’s about it stop with the moral crap. Freeze is a great coach that brings an exciting offense

Reactions: Orange_Scooter
Every revenue/profit list I can find has Tennessee in the top 15. That is insane considering where the program has been the past decade. While we had contact tracing issues, I think most of our players have been available to play in games. Some teams have been without 20+ players for games and are still performing better than we are. LSU beat Florida with a lot of guys sitting out. Florida beat us soundly.

You may not like the idea of firing Pruitt because of the recent past but can you name a reason for keeping him? We are often unprepared, can not lineup, blow coverages, have questionable clock management, have a coach that can not get along with his assistants, make questionable personnel decisions, not recruiting at a level to overcome coaching.

I think the announcers in both the Auburn and Arkansas game said we played well in the first half. We played so well that we scored 13 points in the first half against Arkansas and 10 points in the first half against Auburn, let that sink in. I think Pruitt was worth taking a risk on when we hired him, but it is highly unlikely that he turns this around and a lot of the blame is on the decisions that he has made.

Maybe you’re right. Maybe we do end up in a better situation with someone else. Recent history hasn’t necessarily shown it to be the case, but maybe if they do fire him, they get it “right” this time. What that looks like remains to be seen.

Reactions: beneVOLence
I've said it countless times. We have not had a real AD since Dickey. We rule by warring factions and our program is effed up because of it. Those factions are going to have to cede power to an actual AD at some point if we're ever going to truly succeed.
President first, then AD. How Boyd handles this will tell me if we have the first one fixed.

Reactions: Vols4us
IDK just the cutting loose of recruits last night at the last minute. Not sure they would let a coach that is going to be fired on Sunday have that much control. Could be wrong. I'm just in the I'll believe when I see it mode with making a move.
Must not have read everything from @Atlanta VOL and @MetalVolunteer

Everybody cheats. Yes. But his cheating was so obvious and so sloppy that he got caught by the most inept organization in the country, the NCAA.
Meh, Tennessee is cheating this morning making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ deals with players the sh!tty thing is we're trying to pay off a 3 star DE and his half brother long snapper from NC instead of throwing money at the right people. In short, Pruitt sucks at this

This is a bad take. Did you know this isn’t 1994 anymore? Basketball is going smaller and more athletic. He doesn’t need to be David robinson. He just needs to come in and provide energy, rebound and some inside relief. Not many teams are rolling out a roster full of 7 footers.

You told me my take was a bad one and then gave me reasons it’s a good one Lol

Yea Basketball is going smaller and that’s why JJJ playing the 4 makes sense. James is a very good rebounder and is extremely versatile and him playing the 4 some means more of Keon and Springer

So yea I think the idea of that Over EA who isn’t versatile

Last edited:
Everybody cheats. Yes. But his cheating was so obvious and so sloppy that he got caught by the most inept organization in the country, the NCAA.

Even as bad as we have been forever now, still a difference of cheating at UT and cheating at Ole Miss. I hope we could get away with a lot more than Ole Miss. But besides. UT sells itself more than Ole Miss does, in theory wouldnt have to stoop to such "low levels" anyways. Besides. A good coach will take the "good" level recruting classes 20-10 and win anyways. That will in turn make even more elite guys take notice and start getting us to the 9-1 range. Wins are the major key these days it seems, kids are a bunch of followers instead of leaders for the most part.

Plus he WON AT OLE MISS. I don't care if he got caught doing whatever. He. Won. At. Ole. Miss.

I assumed you were adding Kiffin into the average, but it’s proof that numbers don’t necessarily tell the whole story. We gave Butch 5. We aren’t in a 3 and done cycle. And I’m with you, I don’t think Pruitt can turn it around, BUT I’m not convinced Freeze is the answer for the same reason. He cheated overtly. Do we want that type of scrutiny, ever suspicious of our recruiting?

I assumed you were adding Kiffin into the average, but it’s proof that numbers don’t necessarily tell the whole story. We gave Butch 5. We aren’t in a 3 and done cycle. And I’m with you, I don’t think Pruitt can turn it around, BUT I’m not convinced Freeze is the answer for the same reason. He cheated overtly. Do we want that type of scrutiny, ever suspicious of our recruiting?
Man i really dont think it would happen again after getting caught once. Possible, but highly unlikely. Im sure UT would lay down the law. Plus, as mentioned before, i dont think you have to cheat as “hard” at UT as you do at Ole Miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back