Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCAA creates an ESD, which is not really much of an ESD since the season is usually over except for bowl games. That then zaps the excitement of the actual NSD that brought great excitement for CFB fans and players all across the country. Sort of a falling on your face NASCAR style move.

Next we get Jeremy and his dour personality and attitude spreading the good cheer in the biggest suck year in decades. So he either cuts good recruits loose or simply messes it all up to where they say "nope" - who knows. Maybe he is leaving spots open for NSD since he will undoubtedly be bringing in the "best staff in America" to resurrect UT football and his career. Kind of a Botch move that will "fix" things.

So, like others, I ain't feeling it this year. However, much appreciation to the guys who are signing. Hopefully, UT and the big boosters get their acts together for once in 15 years to give you the best opportunity to develop and succeed, so you can achieve your best.

Been saying this about enrollment boom creating money if we win for 3 years. Bama football has caused major enrollment increases.
This exact same thing is going on right now at Coastal Carolina, albeit on a much smaller scale, but winning pumps up enrollment. When the topic of some of these coaches making outrageous dollars comes up this is why I defend the coaches. Look at how much money Saban has brought to Bama by the increased applicationes to Bama alone, along w/ enrollment and everything else. He’s probably been worth $20 million a year, at least.

This exact same thing is going on right now at Coastal Carolina, albeit on a much smaller scale, but winning pumps up enrollment. When the topic of some of these coaches making outrageous dollars comes up this is why I defend the coaches. Look at how much money Saban has brought to Bama by the increased applicationes to Bama alone, along w/ enrollment and everything else. He’s probably been worth $20 million a year, at least.

Spot on. It's such a simple analysis and decision that escapes the minds of the powers that be in Knoxville year after year.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Anybody got the subscription? Interested to see the commits responses.

Mostly positive comments from our solid commits saying how much they like the staff, but they’re coming to UT regardless of the outcome. Colby Smith said he would reconsider his decision if Pruitt is fired.

Thought you guys would love this, though.

Attachments

• 303E755D-2880-4636-8399-1FE2179E2D3D.png
    303E755D-2880-4636-8399-1FE2179E2D3D.png
    249 KB · Views: 236
I've told people for years that when the overall economic impact is considered, Saban is probably underpaid and they could pay him $20-25m/year and it would still be worth it and most (even some big college football fans) look at me like I'm crazy.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but Alabama's enrollment has absolutely exploded over the last decade. Not only has their enrollment exploded but they are attracting a much higher caliber of student, most of whom are from out of state. When those kids graduate, many of them stay in-state (end up working in Birmingham, etc.). The impact of that over many years is in the billions of dollars, and in exchange for that, they pay Saban $10m/year. It's the best value in sports. And I haven't even mentioned the increased revenue to their athletic department.

It makes me sad to think about all the revenue Tennessee has left on the table over the last decade. Not only reduced ticket sales and the like..that just scratches the surface.

Well it has to happen first before hope comes riding in. lol
well, i've always said firing is not the issue. it's all about the hiring, which we've sucked at. so, i couldn't care less about deciding to fire pruitt.

the hope, really, is that the program gets fixed....regardless of who the coach is. and while confidence is justifiably low that pruitt can do that, it's not IMpossible that he can't....very improbable based on the 3 year sample size.

so, i want it fixed. if hirinig a new coach is the way we decide to do it, fine w/me...just don't bring me another "8th choice" on the list because we can't get who we want (like the last two searches went...)......

Tennessee is certainly justified if it decides to fire pruitt. no one would argue with that decision. he's done nothing that says "you have to keep him".

but ALLEYES are gonna be on the hire. so you better have a freaking plan, and a guy already basically locked and loaded, all the vetting done, guaging interest, even an offer....all done before you tell JP to pack his bags.

and you do that knowing full well that no matter who that guy is, he is NOT going to make everyone happy, and it's very likely it'll probably make some angry lol.

but if you fire jp, and a week later you're then enlisting the services of a search firm, because the plan, or lack thereof, blew up in your face...again.......................mercy. i don't even wanna think about it. but i would be so embarrassed if we were leveraged again for raises, a la Mike Gundy, and continue to hear the names of the guys that told us "no" or "not interested".

so....the hope is not simply firinig JP, and it seems there are many here that see that as "the answer", and that couldn't be farther from the truth. i don't "want" JP fired. i want to win.....don't care who is on the sidelines, as long as they fix it. If JP is retained, he needs to fix it. if he's not, the next guy needs to fix it.

lss..........FIX IT....that's the hope.

Mostly positive comments from our solid commits saying how much they like the staff, but they’re coming to UT regardless of the outcome. Colby Smith said he would reconsider his decision if Pruitt is fired.

Thought you guys would love this, though.

That’s such a bad look on the program when you’ve got men coming in with the understanding that he might not be there. Smh.

That’s such a bad look on the program when you’ve got men coming in with the understanding that he might not be there. Smh.
That also goes against the old adage that guys commit to a coach, not a program. Several of these kids are at least claiming to have committed to the program, because they claim to be staying regardless of whether Pruitt is here or not. Kind of interesting.

I would argue that most of it is fan and media driven. You certainly don’t want your program pulling a Texas. If they are executing a coaching search, at least it is being done discreetly.

well, i've always said firing is not the issue. it's all about the hiring, which we've sucked at. so, i couldn't care less about deciding to fire pruitt.

the hope, really, is that the program gets fixed....regardless of who the coach is. and while confidence is justifiably low that pruitt can do that, it's not IMpossible that he can't....very improbable based on the 3 year sample size.

so, i want it fixed. if hirinig a new coach is the way we decide to do it, fine w/me...just don't bring me another "8th choice" on the list because we can't get who we want (like the last two searches went...)......

Tennessee is certainly justified if it decides to fire pruitt. no one would argue with that decision. he's done nothing that says "you have to keep him".

but ALLEYES are gonna be on the hire. so you better have a freaking plan, and a guy already basically locked and loaded, all the vetting done, guaging interest, even an offer....all done before you tell JP to pack his bags.

and you do that knowing full well that no matter who that guy is, he is NOT going to make everyone happy, and it's very likely it'll probably make some angry lol.

but if you fire jp, and a week later you're then enlisting the services of a search firm, because the plan, or lack thereof, blew up in your face...again.......................mercy. i don't even wanna think about it. but i would be so embarrassed if we were leveraged again for raises, a la Mike Gundy, and continue to hear the names of the guys that told us "no" or "not interested".

so....the hope is not simply firinig JP, and it seems there are many here that see that as "the answer", and that couldn't be farther from the truth. i don't "want" JP fired. i want to win.....don't care who is on the sidelines, as long as they fix it. If JP is retained, he needs to fix it. if he's not, the next guy needs to fix it.

lss..........FIX IT....that's the hope.
I think you just came up with the new recruiting slogan for 2021. #Fixit2021

Last edited:
I assumed you were adding Kiffin into the average, but it’s proof that numbers don’t necessarily tell the whole story. We gave Butch 5. We aren’t in a 3 and done cycle. And I’m with you, I don’t think Pruitt can turn it around, BUT I’m not convinced Freeze is the answer for the same reason. He cheated overtly. Do we want that type of scrutiny, ever suspicious of our recruiting?

On that, we agree...and likely is the reason Freeze hasn’t been seriously considered for Auburn with them already sniffing around Pearl. You’re right that Butch received 5. Maybe it’s just coaching search fatigue on my part. I was a senior at UT when Kiffin came and went, so my entire post-undergraduate life has felt like one big repetitive coaching search. When each coaching search starts to get heated up, the same toxic things are said about the old guy, and there’s some mythical new coach everyone is dead set on being the person to fix it. It just gets old.

Reactions: JacketVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back