Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This class has a few pieces but certainly isn’t closing the gap
more like maintaining it. :)

lol. but, there are some really good players signing today. and we just never know what all shakes out when the dust settles from this season and what Auburn does, and what we do. who knows....we get some assistants in here, maybe it changes the outlook and perception and we have another strong close to a cycle.

this year is different than the last two, but pruitt has closed strong in 19 and 20 on NDS in Feb. and that potential still exists today....repeat for emphasis, i said "potential"....lol.

And yet here they are saying there may be a change and they are solid. So why are you freaking out? It means they want to be here and make UT great again.

Lewis was solid and how’d that work out?
Brooks too
and here we are putting it out there that he’s going to be fired and getting opinions on that. That is feeding other schools negative recruiting food.

Feels like the '18 class IMO, maybe a tad better.
i agree with this but i think it will be better in the end, cause the core of the class has been evaluated and recruited over a long period of time....it's not a patchwork/frankenstein class like that 18 class was. national rank may put them next to each other, but i'd be willing to bet when you go down the list player by player, in a couple years this class will yield a lot more production for us.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Had we had the season we should have had Green, Mims, Mondon, and TID would all likely be Vols
Yep. Exactly why we need a proven winner here. Recruiting is easy when we are winning. This would be a top 8 class if we had just beaten who we were supposed to.

Y'all can see where this is going? Pruitt gets next year. He beats all of the OOC games and wins 3 conference games (you pick). Gets blown out by the big three. Gets to 6-6 and goes to the weed eater bowl. Touts progress and gets year 5.
I think he'd be gone if that happened.

If he gets blown out by the Big 3 and wins only 3 conference games, then than still means he lost to any two of Vandy, Kentucky, Mizzou, or South Carolina.

Year 2 is going to be this guy's high water mark. Much lower than Butchie Boy's.

But insiders said that its possible that Pruitt is fired because some folks don't like him. Gtfo. Boosters at Auburn didn't like Gus last year but he got another year. Pruitt will be here at least next year.

The fat cats at Auburn were dumb enough to put clauses in his contract that he gets most of his money up front in addition to not having to look for work. Tennessee fat cats may be dumb but they haven’t hit that level, yet.

Lewis was solid and how’d that work out?
Brooks too
and here we are putting it out there that he’s going to be fired and getting opinions on that. That is feeding other schools negative recruiting food.
Brooks is still committed and we have a good shot at getting Lewis back. So....

Been saying this about enrollment boom creating money if we win for 3 years. Bama football has caused major enrollment increases.

If they want to be Vandy East, they are doing a really good job of it. Basketball/baseball school. They totally missed the enhanced statewide community college effect on their business model. Students/parents knock out the first two years at low cost, then transfer if the grades are good enough, the programs are desired, and if the UT campus experience is what they want. Bad football detracts from that experience, so why go to UT and pay the high tuition and living costs? The degree is the degree and the vast majority of employers could care less how many years the student spent on the Knoxville campus.

well, i've always said firing is not the issue. it's all about the hiring, which we've sucked at. so, i couldn't care less about deciding to fire pruitt.

the hope, really, is that the program gets fixed....regardless of who the coach is. and while confidence is justifiably low that pruitt can do that, it's not IMpossible that he can't....very improbable based on the 3 year sample size.

so, i want it fixed. if hirinig a new coach is the way we decide to do it, fine w/me...just don't bring me another "8th choice" on the list because we can't get who we want (like the last two searches went...)......

Tennessee is certainly justified if it decides to fire pruitt. no one would argue with that decision. he's done nothing that says "you have to keep him".

but ALLEYES are gonna be on the hire. so you better have a freaking plan, and a guy already basically locked and loaded, all the vetting done, guaging interest, even an offer....all done before you tell JP to pack his bags.

and you do that knowing full well that no matter who that guy is, he is NOT going to make everyone happy, and it's very likely it'll probably make some angry lol.

but if you fire jp, and a week later you're then enlisting the services of a search firm, because the plan, or lack thereof, blew up in your face...again.......................mercy. i don't even wanna think about it. but i would be so embarrassed if we were leveraged again for raises, a la Mike Gundy, and continue to hear the names of the guys that told us "no" or "not interested".

so....the hope is not simply firinig JP, and it seems there are many here that see that as "the answer", and that couldn't be farther from the truth. i don't "want" JP fired. i want to win.....don't care who is on the sidelines, as long as they fix it. If JP is retained, he needs to fix it. if he's not, the next guy needs to fix it.

lss..........FIX IT....that's the hope.

Just to be clear wasn't disagreeing with you just saying can't have one without the other leaving is all.

Reactions: jakez4ut
The fat cats at Auburn were dumb enough to put clauses in his contract that he gets most of his money up front in addition to not having to look for work. Tennessee fat cats may be dumb but they haven’t hit that level, yet.
We aren't that dumb but Butch thinks they are pretty dumb. He spends 3 years making chump change and working for Saban all while making the same money. Gus just has the opportunity to get another job and still make that money. They are both stupid. As is Fulmer for giving a raise and extension. Jmo of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back