Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'd be gone if that happened.

If he gets blown out by the Big 3 and wins only 3 conference games, then than still means he lost to any two of Vandy, Kentucky, Mizzou, or South Carolina.

Year 2 is going to be this guy's high water mark. Much lower than Butchie Boy's.

Nothing outside of Vandy is a lock.
Not sure how we beat SC to be honest
Kentucky is still climbing and they beat us up good
Missouri is getting better
We’re widening the gap between the big 3 and not in a good way.

The ship has hit the iceberg but no one wants to do anything yet.

Just to be clear wasn't disagreeing with you just saying can't have one without the other leaving is all.
i know, and that wasn't necessarily directed soley at you, as much as it was my general feelings on it.

and i'm just not totally bought in on the notion that to have hope, we have to fire JP.

to me, it's a lot less about firing JP, and ALL about who are you getting? it's the old "are you running from something or toward something?" adage. if we make a decision becuase we're going to get a guy that we believe is an upgrade, fine. but don't dump JP and then go "ok, what now?".....

Auburn ran from Malzahn, and apparently has no clue what they're running toward.

we have been the epitome of that in past searches, and it's not worked.

And ill be here. And you'll have some excuse of why he isn't fired. Thing about this is, I would love to be wrong. It wouldn't bother me one bit to be wrong and eat crow. But this administration has never showed any signs of making this call after year 3.
I’ll have zero excuse. I have zero knowledge on what is going to happen. VFLs I talk to don't even know. They know some people are pissed and they are pissed. And they have let it be known that they want change. Now there is a lot of smoke right before the seasons end. It is to much of a coincidence. If we were keeping him, they would have made a big announcement like Texas did to help recruiting for ESD but they didn't do that... This is all IMO of course.

Reactions: Jimmy Football
We aren't that dumb but Butch thinks they are pretty dumb. He spends 3 years making chump change and working for Saban all while making the same money. Gus just has the opportunity to get another job and still make that money. They are both stupid. As is Fulmer for giving a raise and extension. Jmo of course

Butch found a loop hole. Nothing they could do
Gus has every opportunity to make a ton of money at Auburns expense.

The extensions were a joke and neither deserved them.

We aren't that dumb but Butch thinks they are pretty dumb. He spends 3 years making chump change and working for Saban all while making the same money. Gus just has the opportunity to get another job and still make that money. They are both stupid. As is Fulmer for giving a raise and extension. Jmo of course
My concern is: Who gave Fulmer an extension?

I think he'd be gone if that happened.

If he gets blown out by the Big 3 and wins only 3 conference games, then than still means he lost to any two of Vandy, Kentucky, Mizzou, or South Carolina.

Year 2 is going to be this guy's high water mark. Much lower than Butchie Boy's.

The way my math works is he could beat 3 of the teams listed. You probably meant to include Ole Miss. So, yes, that is correct.

i know, and that wasn't necessarily directed soley at you, as much as it was my general feelings on it.

and i'm just not totally bought in on the notion that to have hope, we have to fire JP.

to me, it's a lot less about firing JP, and ALL about who are you getting? it's the old "are you running from something or toward something?" adage. if we make a decision becuase we're going to get a guy that we believe is an upgrade, fine. but don't dump JP and then go "ok, what now?".....

Auburn ran from Malzahn, and apparently has no clue what they're running toward.

we have been the epitome of that in past searches, and it's not worked.
They could just promote steele and still be a better football team than us. Pruitt would lose to him. Can't wait till next season. I want to see how many first year coaches beat pruitt.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
It’s so strange, many of the same posters that are so confident we are making a change the prior evening wake up the next morning convinced he is coming back. It’s like they have a coaching search hangover, or something.

Consider this: if you were Fulmer and were confident Pruitt was coming back next year, wouldn’t you have made a public statement to that effect in the days leading up to ESD?

Nothing outside of Vandy is a lock.
Not sure how we beat SC to be honest
Kentucky is still climbing and they beat us up good
Missouri is getting better
We’re widening the gap between the big 3 and not in a good way.

The ship has hit the iceberg but no one wants to do anything yet.
Barring major improvement, this team's ceiling next year is 6-6 and a bid to the Weed Eater Bowl as @InVOLuntary suggested. It could devolve into a 4 or 5 win season, especially if Mizzou continues to improve and Kentucky stays where they have been.

Vandy will probably be awful again, but South Carolina is a wild card. I could see them being absolutely terrible, but I could also see them responding to a new coach and winning something like 7 games. Beamer does inherit some talent on that team.

I’ll have zero excuse. I have zero knowledge on what is going to happen. VFLs I talk to don't even know. They know some people are pissed and they are pissed. And they have let it be known that they want change. Now there is a lot of smoke right before the seasons end. It is to much of a coincidence. If we were keeping him, they would have made a big announcement like Texas did to help recruiting for ESD but they didn't do that... This is all IMO of course.
I see your point. All in good discussion sir

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Apparently the University could have legally challenged Butch's attempts at getting a job, but in doing so it would have opened pandora's box for all the $h!+ that went down on Butch's watch. In other words, let that sleeping dog lie and pay him to do so.

Barring major improvement, this team's ceiling next year is 6-6 and a bid to the Weed Eater Bowl as @InVOLuntary suggested. It could devolve into a 4 or 5 win season, especially if Mizzou continues to improve and Kentucky stays where they have been.

Vandy will probably be awful again, but South Carolina is a wild card. I could see them being absolutely terrible, but I could also see them responding to a new coach and winning something like 7 games. Beamer does inherit some talent on that team.

That’s where Tennessee is folks no longer putting fear in Kentucky. Kentucky.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back