Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way my math works is he could beat 3 of the teams listed. You probably meant to include Ole Miss. So, yes, that is correct.
Yeah, forgot about the rotating West team.

3 conference wins + getting blown out by the Big 3 would mean losing to any 2 of Vandy, Kentucky, Mizzou, South Carolina, Ole Miss. Perhaps a loss to Ole Miss wouldn't look bad if Kiffin has them playing well. However, another loss to any of the remaining teams wouldn't look great, plus continuing to get destroyed by the good teams.

He's gone under such a scenario.

i know, and that wasn't necessarily directed soley at you, as much as it was my general feelings on it.

and i'm just not totally bought in on the notion that to have hope, we have to fire JP.

to me, it's a lot less about firing JP, and ALL about who are you getting? it's the old "are you running from something or toward something?" adage. if we make a decision becuase we're going to get a guy that we believe is an upgrade, fine. but don't dump JP and then go "ok, what now?".....

Auburn ran from Malzahn, and apparently has no clue what they're running toward.

we have been the epitome of that in past searches, and it's not worked.

I would like to see a smooth transition for once myself and the right coach and not settling for low tier coach to replace CP cause as you are referring to we would be right back where we started. So, yes getting the right one is critical. I hate to say this and it will make me sick but if we can't get someone we want then wait until next year. Just not worth going through again in 3 years

Reactions: jakez4ut
if Steele was Auburn's guy, then why are they still searching? why have the search firm?

that's complete BS. Steele is "in case of emergency, break glass" option. that's it.

that doesn't mean he can't/wont' wind up being a good HC, but you can't sell me on the notion that Auburn "got their guy" if they promote steele. they aren't paying nearly $30M or whatever it is to promote a guy we wouldn't hire 3 years ago.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Pruitt HC/DC
Art or Kendall Briles OC/QB
TRob Co-DC/DB
TWill LB
Bo Davis DL
Felton/Nieds/Tosh OLB
Jay Graham RB
Tee WR
Anyone but will friend OL

Hate me all you want but weinke, Tee, and Graham weren’t impressive this season.

Neids needs a lot of work with on field coaching

Friend is just flat out awful no excuse with the guys we had

Most of this class was set before the bottom dropped out of the season. Tough to add top talent once the losing started. We're fortunate strong relationships were already built, and for the most part, held. It's not a close-the-gap class, but it has some good players and gives us another QB option for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back