Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate me all you want but weinke, Tee, and Graham weren’t impressive this season.

Neids needs a lot of work with on field coaching

Friend is just flat out awful no excuse with the guys we had
Agree on all but Graham. I thought all our RB’s were better this year

Hate me all you want but weinke, Tee, and Graham weren’t impressive this season.

Neids needs a lot of work with on field coaching

Friend is just flat out awful no excuse with the guys we had

You’re not wrong but we were good at absolutely nothing this year so it’s hard to blame them too much. There’s something wrong at the top.

Most of this class was set before the bottom dropped out of the season. Tough to add top talent once the losing started. We're fortunate strong relationships were already built, and for the most part, held. It's not a close-the-gap class, but it has some good players and gives us another QB option for next year.

So another average class. I do agree we got some good recruits but we needed a class full of great recruits.

What's the problem with wanting more of it, if people refuse to make a move
as stated, it's stupid.

i've already said i'm fine with moving on from JP, but not just for the sake of moving on.

if he's retained, i'll support him and hope he does fix it. how confident am i that he does? less than i was before this season for sure.

but i won't want him to fail.....and i think the reasons for that should be pretty freakin' obvious....lol.

I will break down this signing class for you in three points:

very average overall
the good players are in unimportant positions
the meh players are in important positions

Thanks for reading.

Edit: forgot about Salter, he will be good if another coach is hired.
So we don't need good players at LB? DL? TE? and if Brooks signs, pass rusher?? IMO none of those positions were especially productive this year and could use all the help they can get.

But yes, it isn't a Earth shattering class.

I've told people for years that when the overall economic impact is considered, Saban is probably underpaid and they could pay him $20-25m/year and it would still be worth it and most (even some big college football fans) look at me like I'm crazy.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but Alabama's enrollment has absolutely exploded over the last decade. Not only has their enrollment exploded but they are attracting a much higher caliber of student, most of whom are from out of state. When those kids graduate, many of them stay in-state (end up working in Birmingham, etc.). The impact of that over many years is in the billions of dollars, and in exchange for that, they pay Saban $10m/year. It's the best value in sports. And I haven't even mentioned the increased revenue to their athletic department.

It makes me sad to think about all the revenue Tennessee has left on the table over the last decade. Not only reduced ticket sales and the like..that just scratches the surface.
This is true. I’ve seen kids around my children’s age choose Bama and Clemson over the past few years. Probably on a subconscious level due to the exposure a successful football program brings to the school.

Reactions: 05_never_again
I will break down this signing class for you in three points:

very average overall
the good players are in unimportant positions
the meh players are in important positions

Thanks for reading.

Edit: forgot about Salter, he will be good if another coach is hired.
You’re mostly right. But Willis and Brooks are in very important positions.

AP has been putting a lot of blame on him for the rotation or lack thereof of the receivers, and playing Tillman over Hyatt etc.
i think both of y'all are making good points. i think the QB affected the WR's obviously....

but i agree on the rotation of the players too....

in the end, i think the QB issue plays a bigger role, cause if we had decent QB play and the rotation Tee put out there was productive, we wouldn't really care about who was playing as much....lol.

This is true. I’ve seen kids around my children’s age choose Bama and Clemson over the past few years. Probably on a subconscious level due to the exposure a successful football program brings to the school.
My FIL loves to tell a story about him being in NorCal a few years ago and he came across a couple wearing Alabama gear. He started chatting them up, asked if they were from Alabama. They said no, were actually from the area, but said their son goes to Alabama because he grew up watching college football, Alabama always had a prime game which they almost always won, and he thought that looked like a fun place to go to college.

i think both of y'all are making good points. i think the QB affected the WR's obviously....

in the end, i think the QB issue plays a bigger role, cause if we had decent QB play and the rotation Tee put out there was productive, we wouldn't really care about who was playing as much....lol.
Explain offensive line woes then and the guy Pruitt hired to coach them...this all falls back on Pruitt

Reactions: TrippieRedd

Hyatt. Can't wait to watch him for the next three years. He is one special player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back