Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
No argument from me. But needing is far from getting when you're a 3-6 program that just ended a six-game losing skid by beating the worst team in the conference.
Going to be interesting weekend to see what happens. I'm sure that is on recruits minds

You’re mostly right. But Willis and Brooks are in very important positions.
My opinion is pass rush, corners, QBs and offensive line are the most important positions in the college game.

Willis is a short middle linebacker who we beat Maryland out for. I'm happy to have him but he ain't a difference maker.

Brooks looks really good but is he expected to sign today?

Good morning all. Been a long time since I posted but won't bore ya'll as to all the reasons why, but I have lurked quite a bit. Congrats to all the guys who sign today. As for the coaching situation, I too believe Saturday will be Pruitt's last game as head coach. I really truly thought even during his 1st year, that we were about to turn the corner and had us a good head coach. But like most of ya'll , this season has left a stench. I would love to see us get Freeze. Let's face it, offense sells and has evolved exponentially over the last 15 years. Even in the pros, more teams now run a lot of spread and throw the ball around the yard.
I know they have great talent every year, but even Alabama has evolved offensively. It is time for us to do the same.
Here's a scenario I'd like to see but I know it won't happen. Pruitt concedes that he wasn't ready to be a P5 HC and would rather just be a DC and coach football. Freeze is hired as hc and JP stays as DC.
I can dream can't I? I just hope however this plays out in the coming days isn't ugly and hurts us for years to come.

No argument from me. But needing is far from getting when you're a 3-6 program that just ended a six-game losing skid by beating the worst team in the conference.

Oh I get that was just making an obvious statement that we aren't going to catch top schools with this class. I understand why we are getting this class just not excited nor happy. We are in such a rut here at UT. So tired of it.

Reactions: MrVolton and LA Vol
From the Athletic: ”This is a business, first and foremost. So you expect to hear stuff like that. You just can’t focus on it. And you just have to be ready for change,” said tight end Miles Campbell, who committed to Tennessee in May ahead of Florida State, Georgia Tech and North Carolina State. “If there was a change, like I hear Coach Pruitt could get fired and Hugh Freeze could come in. That’s a small possibility, but if that’s the case I’m still in a good spot because Hugh Freeze’s offense is pretty good with the tight ends as well. But that’s not my main focus. My focus is coming up to Tennessee and playing under Coach Pruitt.”

My opinion is pass rush, corners, QBs and offensive line are the most important positions in the college game.

Willis is a short middle linebacker who we beat Maryland out for. I'm happy to have him but he ain't a difference maker.

Disagree on Willis. And yes.

Oh I get that was just making an obvious statement that we aren't going to catch top schools with this class. I understand why we are getting this class just not excited nor happy. We are in such a rut here at UT. So tired of it.
Same. I want to be positive Trippie again, but it has been hard

From the Athletic: ”This is a business, first and foremost. So you expect to hear stuff like that. You just can’t focus on it. And you just have to be ready for change,” said tight end Miles Campbell, who committed to Tennessee in May ahead of Florida State, Georgia Tech and North Carolina State. “If there was a change, like I hear Coach Pruitt could get fired and Hugh Freeze could come in. That’s a small possibility, but if that’s the case I’m still in a good spot because Hugh Freeze’s offense is pretty good with the tight ends as well. But that’s not my main focus. My focus is coming up to Tennessee and playing under Coach Pruitt.”
No recruit says this unless.....

My FIL loves to tell a story about him being in NorCal a few years ago and he came across a couple wearing Alabama gear. He started chatting them up, asked if they were from Alabama. They said no, were actually from the area, but said their son goes to Alabama because he grew up watching college football, Alabama always had a prime game which they almost always won, and he thought that looked like a fun place to go to college.

I had never seen Bama gear in CA until about 5-6 years ago. I know an agent whose daughter was a child star, and she went to Bama. She'd never even been to the state and she could have gone anywhere, but she chose Bama because she thought it looked fun. Gameday telecasts really shape perceptions.

Roller coaster going up gif

I get your point and it’s valid, but Al was 6’0, height means nothing.

Reactions: beneVOLence
They read the forum of the school they're committed to? They haven't been told anything and Tennessee fans have been very vocal about their desire to get Freeze.

Pruitt must be happy hearing that from Miles then lol.

"Uh sorry Coach Pruitt, just wanted to cover my bases with the Freeze quote"

We didn't see of that when Butch was getting canned and Pruitt was hired. "Well Butch might get canned but that's fine, Pruitt is coming and has great defense, but I'm prepared to play for UT and Butch"

They read the forum of the school they're committed to? They haven't been told anything and Tennessee fans have been very vocal about their desire to get Freeze.
Yeah i think that quote is a nothingburger. The Freeze to UT speculation has been in the media for weeks now. Recruits have smartphones like everyone else and hear about this stuff like everybody else does.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Thanks Jimmy!! :cool:

Or said recruit could just be on Twitter. Everything said here is a mirror of what twitter says every day.

Tell me who yalls favorites in this class are and why

Hard to pick just one:

Salter - because I love what a mobile QB brings to the college game

Bell - potential and versatility

Evans and Marley - instant impact

The Maryland duo - long term contributors

*My opinion means little though, Beckwith was the newcomer I was most excited to see play this year..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back