Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
My FIL loves to tell a story about him being in NorCal a few years ago and he came across a couple wearing Alabama gear. He started chatting them up, asked if they were from Alabama. They said no, were actually from the area, but said their son goes to Alabama because he grew up watching college football, Alabama always had a prime game which they almost always won, and he thought that looked like a fun place to go to college.

Man, this jives with a rant I posted a week or so ago.

If you are an upper level admin, you need tuition-paying butts-in-seats to balance your budget, and the more “fun” your school looks, the more likely those are going to be out of state students paying higher tuition. Those rich kids paying higher tuition also allow you to keep your in-state tuition low.

I remember being an undergrad and there were lines to get tickets to the UF game, and I was in class with tons of kids from Ohio, PA, and CA.

I’d love to see the longitudinal numbers on enrollment since we started losing to Andy on the regular...

So what record/scenario would it take for Pruitt to be held past next year? I fully expect him to be back for ‘21 and am just curious of what it would take for both the fan base and admin to keep him around.

My FIL loves to tell a story about him being in NorCal a few years ago and he came across a couple wearing Alabama gear. He started chatting them up, asked if they were from Alabama. They said no, were actually from the area, but said their son goes to Alabama because he grew up watching college football, Alabama always had a prime game which they almost always won, and he thought that looked like a fun place to go to college.
I know it shouldn’t be this way, but success on the gridiron drives the academic success of UT (and A LOT of other universities). So, please UT, play the same ’game’ as the other top football programs.

My opinion is pass rush, corners, QBs and offensive line are the most important positions in the college game.

Willis is a short middle linebacker who we beat Maryland out for. I'm happy to have him but he ain't a difference maker.

Brooks looks really good but is he expected to sign today?

QB
Edge/OLB
Interior DL/OT
WR (if you get a special one)
Interior OL/Safety
CB
MLB
RB
TE

If Pruitt were coming back, Fulmer, Hubbs or AP would have put the fire out before today. I firmly believe some commits who have held off on signing are simply waiting to see who the new coach will be. AV, Meta and OB have all made reference to things happening last night would make no sense if not true with signing day today. After those things were posted AP comes out and says there seems to be smoke.

No argument from me. But needing is far from getting when you're a 3-6 program that just ended a six-game losing skid by beating the worst team in the conference.
Any ideas what we do to help at corner, GT? If so who are we hoping for?

If Pruitt were coming back, Fulmer, Hubbs or AP would have put the fire out before today. I firmly believe some commits who have held off on signing are simply waiting to see who the new coach will be. AV, Meta and OB have all made reference to things happening last night would make no sense if not true with signing day today. After those things were posted AP comes out and says there seems to be smoke.
yeah, cause nothing drives business on an internet site like quelling rumors and putting things to bed early.

People have to stop painting the rock everyday. Everyone gets it. It becoming an annoyance and does no good. You might actually do more harm than good driving players/recruit away. Making a potential candidate think “do I want to put my family through that if things don’t go well?”

I didn’t have issue with Pruitt extension until now seeing how Fulmer was worked into a poor deal. My goodness he took it in the butt on that one and didn’t even realize it.

As for support, I wonder if the support Pruitt referred to behind closed doors is from not understanding the covid issues he has had to deal with and that’s it an odd year. At the same time he needs to realize he rode the JG train to his own potential grave. If he handles it differently then it’s not even close to this level of hate because he probably wins 2 more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back