Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have to stop painting the rock everyday. Everyone gets it. It becoming an annoyance and does no good. You might actually do more harm than good driving players/recruit away. Making a potential candidate think “do I want to put my family through that if things don’t go well?”

I didn’t have issue with Pruitt extension until now seeing how Fulmer was worked into a poor deal. My goodness he took it in the butt on that one and didn’t even realize it.

As for support, I wonder if the support Pruitt referred to behind closed doors is from not understanding the covid issues he has had to deal with and that’s it an odd year. At the same time he needs to realize he rode the JG train to his own potential grave. If he handles it differently then it’s not even close to this level of hate because he probably wins 2 more games.

Bingo

Same with social media

Reactions: beneVOLence
People have to stop painting the rock everyday. Everyone gets it. It becoming an annoyance and does no good. You might actually do more harm than good driving players/recruit away. Making a potential candidate think “do I want to put my family through that if things don’t go well?”

I didn’t have issue with Pruitt extension until now seeing how Fulmer was worked into a poor deal. My goodness he took it in the butt on that one and didn’t even realize it.

As for support, I wonder if the support Pruitt referred to behind closed doors is from not understanding the covid issues he has had to deal with and that’s it an odd year. At the same time he needs to realize he rode the JG train to his own potential grave. If he handles it differently then it’s not even close to this level of hate because he probably wins 2 more games.

This take on the rock is horrible.

If Pruitt were coming back, Fulmer, Hubbs or AP would have put the fire out before today. I firmly believe some commits who have held off on signing are simply waiting to see who the new coach will be. AV, Meta and OB have all made reference to things happening last night would make no sense if not true with signing day today. After those things were posted AP comes out and says there seems to be smoke.

Hubbs et al do not know. Recruits and commits do not know. So far, commits who're holding off on signing are those who were told they had to wait and those who decided a while back to sign after ESD.

Assuming the staff is banking on Whitehead and the kid from Maryville (name escapes me) moving over next year. Too many rb's after todays signing class and only losing Chandler.

I hope they turn out better than the other RB's we changed to LB. I do know we got those three from Memphis last year. I think two of them may actually stay at LB the other Safety I believe.

Also, there is no urgency to make a public statement about Pruitt's job stability. There weren't any big time recruits (and I mean like top 10-15 guys) waiting because of Pruitt's uncertainty and Early Signing Day seems to be going exactly how they thought

Reactions: MrVolton

QB's have affected the past two head coaches in polar opposite ways....dobbs probably kept butch around at least a year too long, and you can argue that JG may get JP whacked a year or two before he would have the rebuild done.

I hope they turn out better than the other RB's we changed to LB. I do know we got those three from Memphis last year. I think two of them may actually stay at LB the other Safety I believe.
Forgot about the memphis guys. So depth at LB may not be as bad we just didn't play anybody this year.

Been a rough week for lots of folks. I normally wouldn’t post this, but rough for my family as well.
Last week, my dads cousin died of Covid. He was prettt much the last member of my fathers side of the family we stayed in touch with. He and my dad were close until he passed 8 years ago. My brother and I continued to stay in touch with him.
We buried my grandmother yesterday morning, my moms mother. We were overly close, but still hits home.
Prayers and blessings to all those dealing with sickness and death, this is a rough time of year to have to do that!🙏

Hubbs et al do not know. Recruits and commits do not know. So far, commits who're holding off on signing are those who were told they had to wait and those who decided a while back to sign after ESD.
You did not mention Fulmer, would you not think with the negative articles floating around , it would have been better for business today if he would have said coach Pruitt will be our coach next year?
Was Brooks told to hold off?

You did not mention Fulmer, would you not think with the negative articles floating around , it would have been better for business today if he would have said coach Pruitt will be our coach next year?
Was Brooks told to hold off?

The feeling is Brooks signs today

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back