Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really surprised Freeze hasn't interviewed with Auburn. Maybe their AD is actually wanting to be cautious with NCAA stuff for once this go around. Bruce has them camped out right now.

Reactions: seaofORANGE22
The rock scaring recruits away is so ridiculous. That's not what's happening, it's a convenient excuse. If you want the rock to have pretty paintings and words of encouragement on it, do a better job of managing your program. Ridiculous.

Furthermore, we are relying on grown men to transcribe their conversations with teenagers. I bet so many things get lost in translation, blown up, or completely ignored.

If auburn is legit going to hire Steele that doesn’t give me a ton of confidence we would hire much better. That’s a really good job and in good recruiting area. If we are willing to hire freeze then it’s all good....but if we aren’t then I do worry as I’m not really going to be that excited by a Napier type hire of that nature.

Most of this class was set before the bottom dropped out of the season. Tough to add top talent once the losing started. We're fortunate strong relationships were already built, and for the most part, held. It's not a close-the-gap class, but it has some good players and gives us another QB option for next year.
I’m so sick of people not giving HB a shot. I know that’s not what your post is meant to say but it kills me that they will not even give him a full game. They won’t next year either. I like Salter but if he plays next year we are in trouble and further shows our QB management is a mess. QB1 going into spring should be HB. This staff is going to botch this though. HB will perform well and they’ll still be rotating in Shrout and whoever. They just aren’t willing to give HB a true shot.

People have to stop painting the rock everyday. Everyone gets it. It becoming an annoyance and does no good. You might actually do more harm than good driving players/recruit away. Making a potential candidate think “do I want to put my family through that if things don’t go well?”

I didn’t have issue with Pruitt extension until now seeing how Fulmer was worked into a poor deal. My goodness he took it in the butt on that one and didn’t even realize it.

As for support, I wonder if the support Pruitt referred to behind closed doors is from not understanding the covid issues he has had to deal with and that’s it an odd year. At the same time he needs to realize he rode the JG train to his own potential grave. If he handles it differently then it’s not even close to this level of hate because he probably wins 2 more games.

Ah yes. The blame the fans post. Fans demanding better doesn’t hurt recruiting. Having a 3 win season hurts recruiting.

How about Pruitt doesn’t turn in the lowest win total since 1924? The guy gets paid ~ 3.8 million a year. I think he can deal with some paint on a rock.

Reactions: crazyguy and StoVol
You must be who paints it then. It’s ok one time but everyday saying the same thing is stupid and waste of people’s time.

Lol. They paint the rock until there are results. That simple. Besides do you really want the next coach to come in with ten thought process of "well if things don't go well..." Screw that. The next coach better know he will knock it out of the park.

Reactions: crazyguy
Asking for your prayers Vol Family. My cousin that I grew up with tested positive for Covid on Sunday and passed away this morning.
Been a rough week for lots of folks. I normally wouldn’t post this, but rough for my family as well.
Last week, my dads cousin died of Covid. He was prettt much the last member of my fathers side of the family we stayed in touch with. He and my dad were close until he passed 8 years ago. My brother and I continued to stay in touch with him.
We buried my grandmother yesterday morning, my moms mother. We were overly close, but still hits home.
Prayers and blessings to all those dealing with sickness and death, this is a rough time of year to have to do that!🙏
Prayers for you both

You did not mention Fulmer, would you not think with the negative articles floating around , it would have been better for business today if he would have said coach Pruitt will be our coach next year?
Was Brooks told to hold off?

Fulmer isn't in a position to make public promises. He could make a generic, positive statement about signing day and how proud we are to add these fine athletes to the Volunteer family and how excited we are to work with them to return our historic program to its winning tradition yadayadayada. If he issues a signing day statement, it will be written by, or go through, PR.

And Brooks was planning to sign later, but is now expected to sign this week.

Ya think the NCAA is going to let incoming HS guys transfer for free too?

With the year "not counting" and then giving existing players a free transfer I just get a feeling these HS kids may not get that freebie....could be wrong though.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Fulmer isn't in a position to make public promises. He could make a generic, positive statement about signing day and how proud we are to add these fine athletes to the Volunteer family and how excited we are to work with them to return our historic program to its winning tradition yadayadayada. If he issues a signing day statement, it will be written by, or go through, PR.

I,m speculating, by your response if Pruitt was safe Fulmer would be allowed to let it be known. Thanks LA for the info you bring!!

I have a question if you can answer, are the big guys whom are pissed working to replace AD, Football Coach or both?

Reactions: hooter vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back