Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If auburn is legit going to hire Steele that doesn’t give me a ton of confidence we would hire much better. That’s a really good job and in good recruiting area. If we are willing to hire freeze then it’s all good....but if we aren’t then I do worry as I’m not really going to be that excited by a Napier type hire of that nature.
they have the same basic issues we do. and what drove their decision, at last as it seems right now, didn't make a ton of sense.

they have to play bama and UGA too, plus LSU, aTm...so their road to the division is as difficult as ours.
they have a dysfunctional booster/admin as well
they have to recruit against the same guys we do
they just fired a guy that has the most wins v. Saban in the SEC, won the west a few times, won a conf title and played for a natty....and had a winning record in an all SEC schedule...and still fired him.....so any legit candidate that they think could take them up a level from that, has to wonder "what's good enough, cause Gus didn't suck?"
--at least by the time we've fired guys, it's cratered....i think that's a good thing? lol
--of course, the leverage is in the buyout, so you can get guaranteed money there....just depends on what's important to the candidate.

there's a lot of similarities between Auburn and TN for the purposes of this particular topic.

and given what Pruitt has done here, no one would be shocked/surprised if he got fired. it's not better than it was 3 years ago, no one can really refute that.

but i don't think either program deserves a ton of confidence from the top tier candidates.....so, if you're Tennessee, i think you're paying very close attention to what happens down there, and it may be better for us to just see what happens, and let the dust settle.

plus the new TV deal is gonna change things again as far as money goes. so everyone will be able to over pay for coaches....money just isn't gonna be the primary motivator for coaches anymore, and it really hasn't been for a while....at least for that upper middle/top tier group.

Reactions: LynxVol and JCP201
Probably have to backfill with transfers or JUCOs. They said a few weeks ago they were going to sign 18-20 this week and leave the remaining spots for late adds.
We haven't had great luck with juco at cb and I feel we need help next year. Hopefully we can add a couple of pieces that make an impact.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and LA Vol
If auburn is legit going to hire Steele that doesn’t give me a ton of confidence we would hire much better. That’s a really good job and in good recruiting area. If we are willing to hire freeze then it’s all good....but if we aren’t then I do worry as I’m not really going to be that excited by a Napier type hire of that nature.

If Freeze doesent go to Auburn then there may or may not be some truth to him wanting the Tennessee job and only that job.

**unless it he gets an insane money offer

We really are going to waste Harrison Baileys potential before giving him a shot. He deserves as much a shot as any QB recruit in the past 10-15 years. Funny this staff was willing to die on that hill with JG but won’t even give HB a true shot. It further shows how impotent this coaching staff is. I understand if Salter comes in and sets the world on fire and is just truly the real deal. I’m not opposed to playing freshman but if HB never gets the chance to be THE guy it will be the biggest waste of a recruit in a long time for us. He at minimum deserves a shot and I really don’t think Pruitt and Chaney will give it to him.

I’m so sick of people not giving HB a shot. I know that’s not what your post is meant to say but it kills me that they will not even give him a full game. They won’t next year either. I like Salter but if he plays next year we are in trouble and further shows our QB management is a mess. QB1 going into spring should be HB. This staff is going to botch this though. HB will perform well and they’ll still be rotating in Shrout and whoever. They just aren’t willing to give HB a true shot.

No, that isn't what I said at all. I've watched HB play since he was in 7th grade and I've always liked him, as a player and a person. He's talented, and he should have been playing all year. JT should have been brought along last year.

But we need to recruit behind HB and JT. Otherwise, we could be down to a two-QB room next year, and Shrout could graduate early. It would be disastrous not to bring in a top QB to develop. Bringing him in doesn't mean he's starting-- and the competition will be good for them all.

Hillybilly Blood and Whiskey Sunrise as well as Maggie's Song & Arkansas are really good. Great album as expected.

If Freeze doesent go to Auburn then there may or may not be some truth to him wanting the Tennessee job and only that job.

**unless it he gets an insane money offer
I may be crazy, but I don't think he wants the Auburn job. They just fired a guy that has the most wins against saban in the conference lol.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
I may be crazy, but I don't think he wants the Auburn job. They just fired a guy that has the most wins against saban in the conference lol.
There’s been speculation that Freeze doesnt want to replace his good friend at Auburn. Im not sure I buy that, but it’s one possibility. Freeze to Auburn makes so much sense, it’s weird to me that there isn’t more smoke there. His daughters attended Auburn as well. There are more connections there than at UT. Of course, he might still end up there if they get far enough down the list and throw a wad of cash at him.

There’s been speculation that Freeze doesnt want to replace his good friend at Auburn. Im not sure I buy that, but it’s one possibility. Freeze to Auburn makes so much sense, it’s weird to me that there isn’t more smoke there. Of course, he might still end up there if they get far enough down the list and throw a wad of cash at him.
I don't think friendships matter too much in this case. I think Auburn has guys they like better in front of him. But at the same time, I don't think Auburn is a better job than Tennessee. Will always be 2nd to AL in that state, more bipolar fanbase/admin than here, willing to fire a 6-4 coach with a win against saban less than a year ago, etc. They just put a black eye on their own job IMO.

Reactions: Aesius and jakez4ut
I don't think friendships matter too much in this case. I think Auburn has guys they like better in front of him. But at the same time, I don't think Auburn is a better job than Tennessee. Will always be 2nd to AL in that state, more bipolar fanbase/admin than here, willing to fire a 6-4 coach with a win against saban less than a year ago, etc. They just put a black eye on their own job IMO.
No one is more bipolar than we are.

Agree.

I don’t see them pulling anyone thats currently successful and comfortable where they are.

Somebody ask Austin price what 6-4 equates to in a normal year Bc if 3-7 is 6-6 or 7-5 then that’s at least 10-2..... so basically 10-2 isn’t good enough for Auburn 😂😂

Its crazy that huge bucks hang out by things meant to attract them.

Get you a short bow, some shoes, knife, lighter and a backpack. Track him in his element, then you got my respect.

Like fishing with chicken liver.

Fish with a fly...barbless hook. Earn it.

Agree.

I don’t see them pulling anyone thats currently successful and comfortable where they are.

Somebody ask Austin price what 6-4 equates to in a normal year Bc if 3-7 is 6-6 or 7-5 then that’s at least 10-2..... so basically 10-2 isn’t good enough for Auburn 😂😂
I would say it's probably closer to 9-3, but I get your point for sure.

Reactions: HankHill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back