Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think friendships matter too much in this case. I think Auburn has guys they like better in front of him. But at the same time, I don't think Auburn is a better job than Tennessee. Will always be 2nd to AL in that state, more bipolar fanbase/admin than here, willing to fire a 6-4 coach with a win against saban less than a year ago, etc. They just put a black eye on their own job IMO.
I don’t think Gus was necessarily the wrong move for them. He is a good coach. They gave him 8 years. He had his chances. Just like Richt, who is/was a good coach, had his chances at UGA. Sometimes, things get stuck in a rut and change is needed. Now, you better have a plan for that change, though. I dont think AU is necessarily a better job, but I think the perception is that it is right now. Theyve had more recent success. It only takes the right coach at UT to change that perception. I do think expectations are much lower at UT. The next coach that beats Bama here will probably get a statue next to the General.

Reactions: BAJAvol
Man, this jives with a rant I posted a week or so ago.

If you are an upper level admin, you need tuition-paying butts-in-seats to balance your budget, and the more “fun” your school looks, the more likely those are going to be out of state students paying higher tuition. Those rich kids paying higher tuition also allow you to keep your in-state tuition low.

I remember being an undergrad and there were lines to get tickets to the UF game, and I was in class with tons of kids from Ohio, PA, and CA.

I’d love to see the longitudinal numbers on enrollment since we started losing to Andy on the regular...
As of a few years ago, something like 65% of Alabama's incoming freshmen were out of state. This was like 2016, 2017 timeframe. It might be even higher now. According to their website, 56.5% of their current total student population is from out of state.

A ton of kids from Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, and even states outside the southeast are going there. A ton of Middle and West Tennessee kids are going there in particular because of the football appeal and, depending on where exactly you live, Tuscaloosa is closer than Knoxville anyway.

Reactions: RiotVol
Yes, when the decision is definitive, they will handle it differently.

Are they waiting to make an announcement one way or another after the game Saturday? Or is the timing irrelevant and they're still trying to figure out the next move

At this point, all I'm wondering is if Pruitt will be given the chance to sell his vision for '21 and the future in this rumored Sunday meeting.

Or is that a firing meeting? Who knows.

At this point, all I'm wondering is if Pruitt will be given the chance to sell his vision for '21 and the future in this rumored Sunday meeting.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall for that one for the comedic value. Pruitt having a vision, let alone trying to sell something, would be a laugh riot.

If I was betting it would be the expectations to keep his job past the 21 season. The guy isn't getting fired this year. Even the insiders (lol) are saying it isn't definitive. There's always that chance although very small. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back