Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulmer isn't in a position to make public promises. He could make a generic, positive statement about signing day and how proud we are to add these fine athletes to the Volunteer family and how excited we are to work with them to return our historic program to its winning tradition yadayadayada. If he issues a signing day statement, it will be written by, or go through, PR.

And Brooks was planning to sign later, but is now expected to sign this week.

It's also kind of dumb and poor management in this case. People just don't like the unknown and want immediate gratification.

It's hard to understand why Hyatt hasn't got more chances this season. He is definitely a bright spot. Same with Velus Jones. However, with Palmer gone, there needs to be a lot of players development with Keyton, Tillman, and Wideman. Also, can Velus Jones stay? That would be huge.
i'll be a little surprised if keyton comes back. velus can come back, and i'd be a little surprised if he doesn't now.

i think with Hyatt, he was one of the freshman that earned some trust and has had playing time moreso than some other freshmen. he will just get more and more.

i think we probably have a couple guys that can replace Palmer in time. tillman and wideman can be good....

Should've hired Schiano.

Vol fans reaping what we sowed.

Your post may be facetious, but this line of thinking boggles me when posed seriously. Jeremy Pruitt may not be the right guy - he's almost certainly not in my opinion - but that doesn't mean that Greg Schiano wasn't an atrocious hire.

Not any underlying conditions that we were aware of. He used to play varsity football and basketball and was coaching players here in the area outside of his day to day job.
It's just crazy how it is deadly to some and some show no symptoms. We have a tennant in one of our buildings. She and her mother, 89 got it and said it was like a normal case of the flu.

Agree.

I don’t see them pulling anyone thats currently successful and comfortable where they are.

Somebody ask Austin price what 6-4 equates to in a normal year Bc if 3-7 is 6-6 or 7-5 then that’s at least 10-2..... so basically 10-2 isn’t good enough for Auburn 😂😂
This is exactly what I thought when he said that lol

After this class, I like what we will have in most positions except for DB and WR. Need to see a lot of development in those two spots.

Yeah, agree the roster will be flipped for the better in a lot of areas but secondary needs some upgrading. Our safety play is dismal.

Another concern for me is the lack of a true difference maker at the EDGE position that can get to the QB and disrupt. Brooks has such a large frame I'm thinking he may end up as a 5/6 Tech down the line. Baron is a similar player and has flashed of late. Hopeful that Morven Joseph takes a big step forward in year 2 with some speed rush moves. IMO, Harrison is very overrated by this fanbase due to his workout photos so I'm not as bullish on his development as some.

We also need to hit on some quality true OT's in 22 class for succession planning for Wanya and Darnell. Depth looks scary behind them, especially at LT.

Who knows with the WR group....I mean we got guys we still haven't really even seen yet in Holiday, Calloway, & Wideman. I'll be interested to see if Wideman walks-on after the season ends to play for Barnes.

Kid may actually be better off going that route (which could be why Barnes only has 2 signees with the potential of losing 5 guys this season).

It's just crazy how it is deadly to some and some show no symptoms. We have a tennant in one of our buildings. She and her mother, 89 got it and said it was like a normal case of the flu.

It's part of what makes the situation so maddening. So sorry to hear about an active healthy 36 yo succumbing. Of course all the losses are sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back