Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen our safety play this year?

I have but i think it’s more of a scheme/alignment issue more than just an athletic ability standpoint. It’s not like we have rod wilks or Brent brewer back there. We give up wayyyy too many easy catches and rac yards on inside breaking routes for it to be anything other than that. That is virtually always an alignment issue.

Harrison plays in pass rush situations. he's seen the field a pretty good bit, and Joseph's PT picked up as the season went a long. Eason is developing, they're changing his body to play DE apparently, so he's probably in between what we was, and where he needs to be....

Reactions: GojiraVol17
I have but i think it’s more of a scheme/alignment issue more than just an athletic ability standpoint. It’s not like we have rod wilks or Brent brewer back there. We give up wayyyy too many easy catches and rac yards on inside breaking routes for it to be anything other than that. That is virtually always an alignment issue.
So its not an issue at all that its year 3 and our guys still can't line up correctly?

Black tea is the highest followed by oolong or green tea
Tea noob here outside of sleepy time teas.

Is black tea pretty drinkable? Looking for something light and drinkable to replace coffee, but more natural than energy shots. Preferrably with some peripheral health benefits.

Technical loophole: hunting outside of the 250yd radius, shooting deer going to and from the bait (i.e. middle of a large field). But I wouldn't condone.

Legal to bait in MS though (at least for now). I think Alabama allows as well.
Texas too. I have a relative in Texas and he said if they couldn't use feeders, they'd never see deer, at least not shooter bucks.

Nobody else views Freeze like the UT fanbase. That is why.

Well that’s strange..

USCjr fanbase wanted him bad.
Auburn fanbase wants him.
Kirk Herbstreit said if he was Auburn he’d hire Freeze.
He's got a system. I think he is very different than Gus offensively even though they get labeled from the same coaching tree and coaching branch. I think he's different in the pass game. I think he's got a way about him. He competes. He's done very well against (Alabama head coach Nick Saban in recruiting and competing against him. I don't know. That's who I would look at.
David Pollack basically said he would be scared of Freeze.
“I always look at the hires and go, ‘If I was playing against them year after year, who wouldn’t I want there?’ There’s no way in hell I would want Hugh Freeze there,” Pollack said. “I wouldn’t want him there.

But we’re the crazy ones for viewing him as someone who would win here.

Here's my "JMO" post..... 3 years ago we had trouble getting someone to come coach a roster that had little talent and a bad attitude. Our roster is much better now when considering both talent and attitude. IF CJP is kept he should make it better through discipline if nothing else. He will have served his purpose either way. The next coach hired will probably be someone that will field an offense that scores a lot of points to get fans back on board. If he can't compete at a high enough level to keep fans then another coach will be hired to compete for championships. We wanted to skip a couple of steps. Would have been nice. Think I could have tolerated this year a whole lot better if the young ones would have played more.

This analysis is on the money. I think there have definitely been some missteps, but the future will look brighter whether we keep Pruitt or not. I think Tennessee has pushed it's way through the fallout of the Butch debacle, and the JG hair-pulling that went along with it. We have at least 2 decent quarterbacks, and another good one on the way(!!!). We may not be at AL, GA, FL level yet, but things aren't as bad as they look right now. I will be happy if we close out recruiting on an upswing, and keep Pruitt, and even happier if we hire away a Kiffin or other top-notch coach.

Please. Please. Please. Don't fire Pruitt if you do not have a really good one already lined up.

SAS, I think they just found it hard to play kids that hadn't had a chance to prove anything in practice. It seems a bit hard-headed, but maybe long-term that was the best plan. You don't want to re-create the old culture that we had with Butch. That is what got us into this mess to start with.

while i agree with this basically....i think we have a ton of guys that can play safety/nickel and not near enough true cover corners that can play man against the kinds of guys we're gonna play against at UGA, UF and Bama....i mean i don't think anyone does really, but we really don't have a difference maker at corner.

tons of options at safety/nickel....not near as many at corner.

i do agree if we get better at affecting the QB in the front 6 or 7, that will make a lot of guys in the back end look better.....but when you look at the match ups we have.....yeah, we need a guy or two that can just go lock a guy up....if nothing else, take away the # 2 target so you can put more resources in to stopping #1.....man/zone combos etc....we tried that against UF this year....it kinda worked? except their #2 and #3 guys could be #1's anywhere else. lol....

View attachment 330991
Just messin with you man
fe89b99822272ebb120d0c8029891d5b.jpg

This analysis is on the money. I think there have definitely been some missteps, but the future will look brighter whether we keep Pruitt or not. I think Tennessee has pushed it's way through the fallout of the Butch debacle, and the JG hair-pulling that went along with it. We have at least 2 decent quarterbacks, and another good one on the way(!!!). We may not be at AL, GA, FL level yet, but things aren't as bad as they look right now. I will be happy if we close out recruiting on an upswing, and keep Pruitt, and even happier if we hire away a Kiffin or other top-notch coach.

Please. Please. Please. Don't fire Pruitt if you do not have a really good one already lined up.

SAS, I think they just found it hard to play kids that hadn't had a chance to prove anything in practice. It seems a bit hard-headed, but maybe long-term that was the best plan. You don't want to re-create the old culture that we had with Butch. That is what got us into this mess to start with.
If we don’t fire Pruitt the program is accepting failure it’s this mentality that only continues to set us back

Well that’s strange..

USCjr fanbase wanted him bad.
Auburn fanbase wants him.
Kirk Herbstreit said if he was Auburn he’d hire Freeze.

David Pollack basically said he would be scared of Freeze.

But we’re the crazy ones for viewing him as someone who would win here.
I find it hilarious people seriously think the USCjr AD went out and hired Shane Beamer over Hugh Freeze because they wanted to. They either got denied by Hugh, denied by the SEC, or they have the most incompetent AD in America.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back