Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only offer a guess which makes sense to me. I think CJP looked at 2020 as a year which didn't really matter (at best) or would be more of an exhibition year (at worst). And as Covid restrictions on the team piled up as well as games postponed, he resigned himself to the notion this year was about practice than performance. I think he wanted to "reward" his older guys with playing time rather than invest in the new ones for the future.
Maybe, but still it's like he didn't even coach any one up this year. He didn't go to correct any mistakes or take advantage of coachable moments (God knows we had plenty) but he didn't address any thing wrong this team done this season!!

Now is the time to make a move from Pruitt. USC and KY will be mediocre next year. Their recruiting classes are not good and will be losing a lot of good players. Mizzou will be better, but still nothing to really worry about as the talent difference is large. Candy is bad. If we get a proven coach (Freeze, Napier, Moby D*** hire), they could easily win 8 next year. Imagine recruiting with a first year winning coach here. It sounds like a change is being made after A&M and it is the perfect time to make a change. We will still out talent any team we play other than 3-4. I’m ready for a real coach and start beating the teams we should and competing against the big boys. I promise I won’t complain if we go 8-4 or 9-3 for the next three years. We need a proven coach bad and the East is not good right now.

Last edited:
Ultimately Pruitt's also going through something he's never dealt with before....losing.

Is he tough skinned or not? We'll fine out. Butch wasn't couldn't handle the negativity when things went south and crumbled under it. SEC football will never be about what you did, it's always going to be about what you're doing. Why guys like Les, Richt and now Gus are fired. So if Pruitt holds ill will towards media/fans/administration for being down on him because of how bad things have been he'll not last long. He needs to focus on the now and worry about getting the recruits in the door and then making the changes to the staff and then finally getting the players better in practice.

Ultimately Pruitt's also going through something he's never dealt with before....losing.

Is he tough skinned or not? We'll fine out. Butch wasn't couldn't handle the negativity when things went south and crumbled under it. SEC football will never be about what you did, it's always going to be about what you're doing. Why guys like Les, Richt and now Gus are fired. So if Pruitt holds ill will towards media/fans/administration for being down on him because of how bad things have been he'll not last long. He needs to focus on the now and worry about getting the recruits in the door and then making the changes to the staff and then finally getting the players better in practice.
That and I think it's just much harder to run a program than he imagined.

He definitely still has a chance. As much as I want to go to Freeze, if Pruitt comes back next year, I'd about guarantee he's here in 2022 also.

He'll have a whole offseason to fix the defense. He will, a lot of that will be because these young players who are clearly the most talented on the team will have a full spring, summer, and fall for the coaches to see them practice. We know how important that is! Sometime over the summer Pruitt will remember how to defend the slant and the defense will be better next year.

HB being the guy will also elevate the offense, especially if Pruitt makes good offensive coaching changes.

Is he the guy? No. Will he ever win big here? No. Should we hire Freeze? Yes. But chances are he comes back next year, wins 7-8 games, is back in 2022 as well and we'll see what happens.
I truly think he won’t succeed here. He’s really bad. He got lucky in 2019 because we had so many great, veteran leaders. This guy has developed ZERO culture. He has no alphas to bail him out. 2021 will be a wasted season

I think we already know he's thin skinned

He definitely still has a chance. As much as I want to go to Freeze, if Pruitt comes back next year, I'd about guarantee he's here in 2022 also.

He'll have a whole offseason to fix the defense. He will, a lot of that will be because these young players who are clearly the most talented on the team will have a full spring, summer, and fall for the coaches to see them practice. We know how important that is! Sometime over the summer Pruitt will remember how to defend the slant and the defense will be better next year.

HB being the guy will also elevate the offense, especially if Pruitt makes good offensive coaching changes.

Is he the guy? No. Will he ever win big here? No. Should we hire Freeze? Yes. But chances are he comes back next year, wins 7-8 games, is back in 2022 as well and we'll see what happens.
In this scenario, which coaches are we replacing?

So between the two of you we have the strengths and weaknesses of the class. Which are we going to focus on? Can we admit both are correct? How many teams in the US are close to AL and GA? Probably a couple that think they will make the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. We need to become a good team before worrying about becoming a great team....unfortunately. There are some really good players in this class that can help us become good. The
question right now is who are the coaches to get them there.
The answer to your question is very subjective. Imo he has shown nothing that makes me think he can get this program there.

Reactions: UTSuave’

If we keep Pruitt this program will be totally sunk. Some guys are not cut out to be HC’s and he is one of them!

The only reason I ever had hope for Pruitt was all the elite recruiters he was able to pull in on his staff.

So, yeah ...

Well any new staff at Tennessee can land some dudes. At some point you have to show it on the field. Pruitt laying eggs on the field has really disenfranchised his staff’s ability to sell. Had we beaten who we were supposed to and knocked off Florida or Georgia... top 3 class.

You better hope this vaccine works. I’m hearing we may not have spring ball again....

What part of no good assistants are going to come to Tennessee do our fans not understand? Gus as OC lol or a Bo Davis hires are pipedreams when your HC seat is burning hot so stop with that crap

Now is the time to make a move from Pruitt. USC and KY will be mediocre next year. Their recruiting classes are not good and will be losing a lot of good players. Mizzou will be better, but still nothing to really worry about as the talent difference is large. Candy is bad. If we get a proven coach (Freeze, Napier, Moby D*** hire), they could easily win 8 next year. Imagine recruiting with a first year winning coach here. It sounds like a change is being made after A&M and it is the perfect time to amen a change. We will still out talent any team we play other than 3-4. I’m ready for a real coach and start beating the teams we should and competing against the big boys. I promise I won’t complain if we go 8-4 or 9-3 for the next three years. We need a proven coach bad and the East is not good right now.
This makes so much sense...that's why I'm concerned that it will not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back