Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am listening to Jones’ press conference and he seems much more humble and grateful for the chance to coach again. He did say they have the best facilities, but they actually do have the newest facilities in the country. Most people would be shocked at the quality of the football complex at AState. He seems much more guarded and quite humble.
He's going to do well there. That's the level of job that he should have. But I despise him for mooching off of us for 3 years before trying to get a job.

I can only offer a guess which makes sense to me. I think CJP looked at 2020 as a year which didn't really matter (at best) or would be more of an exhibition year (at worst). And as Covid restrictions on the team piled up as well as games postponed, he resigned himself to the notion this year was about practice than performance. I think he wanted to "reward" his older guys with playing time rather than invest in the new ones for the future.

If that's the case he's worse than I thought.

Bobo could potentially bring Gunner with him, considering how close he is with his family.

SC board in the past has seemed to think Connor Shaw is the key to keeping Gunner. Imagine he might be retained as QB coach.

Plus Beamer will likely open the offense up.

I guess maybe I'm a bad person, but why in the hell do we care about Butch Jones and what he's doing/saying at Ark. State? Another failed coach and reason we've been wandering in the wilderness for the last decade plus.
Because he was a lot more successful than our present coach has been. Plus I live near AState and if he does well, then it is good for our area financially.

Reactions: volsfan_17
Ironically i feel like the only thing we could do outside of hiring freeze as HC to save us would be to bring in an innovative offensive mind at OC that could totally overhaul our offense like i dunno.... Hugh Freeze... sigh....

You better hope this vaccine works. I’m hearing we may not have spring ball again....
I highly doubt there will be spring ball. Firstly it's gonna take a LONG time for healthy kids to get it and then you actually have to convince them to take it and then the CDC also says to social distance and wear masks regardless of taking the vaccine or not and then you have to think about politics and who is now in office and then after all that you gotta make sure it works! My guess is we will have fall camp but no spring camp

He's going to do well there. That's the level of job that he should have. But I despise him for mooching off of us for 3 years before trying to get a job.
I do not like the fact that he did not get another job immediately, but it could be that he really believed that he needed to change and learn before moving forward with his career. I agree, I wish we had some of that money back

He's going to recruit well, is following in the footsteps of a coach that did pretty well there (although they weren't good this year), and is coaching at a level where it is easier to purely out-athlete and out-talent people and you don't necessarily have to out-coach them. He should be able to win 9-10 games there, like Anderson/Gus/Harsin/Freeze did before him.

Best scripted Play caller ever at UT.

Scored on a lot of opening drives in both halves.
Love how aggressive and creative we were with trick and gadget plays too.

Another thing i LOVED about DeBord’s offense was the way he set up double moves especially with screens. I miss that offense so much. I think that 2016 team absolutely shreds the Florida we just played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back