Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Froze my ass off at at a soccer tournament all day. Only caught part of 2nd half.
We eating our own in here, or facing reality that UG is just a much better team?
Hooker seemed to be trying to hard to make some plays.
I liked the 4th down and go for it calls. Didn’t see what all was ran, but what ya got to lose?
Sounded like Oline struggled…imagine that, nastiest d front in the nation!
Tillman and Velus balled.
We’re getting there! We are damn lucky to have Heupel here! Hope the entire staff stays!

The team next year is going to have even less talent than this year’s team unless we pull some portal miracles.

Heupel has to be able to recruit in the top 10. Top 30 ain’t gonna cut it.

Defense is really really bad. And we are losing AT, Theo and a few defensive linemen.

Just feels like the beginning every coaches tenure since Lane.

“Wait till we get some players in here”

“We just don’t have the depth”

Heupel seems like the most genuine and likable coach yet but damn, this sh*t is exhausting. I’m in my early 20’s and have yet to ever really see us field a nationally competitive program.

You will enjoy next year then.

The schedule appears really manageable at the moment:

View attachment 411701
With the trajectory we have, vs the trajectory Pitt, UF, and LSU are gonna have after this season.

We could legitimately go 10-2. Have to improve D, get in key transfers, and get over the hump of beating Florida... but it's there...

Who knows how long it’ll take.. that’s why they play the games
Kirby walked in to a better roster than TN had in 15 or 16. He has recruited top 5 pretty much every year. They have 2(im counting this year) playoff appearances and 0 SEC titles and 0 natty's. Its going to take a long time to stack the talent required.

The team next year is going to have even less talent than this year’s team unless we pull some portal miracles.

Heupel has to be able to recruit in the top 10. Top 30 ain’t gonna cut it.

Defense is really really bad. And we are losing AT, Theo and a few defensive linemen.
We gotta give him time. I hope he retains the entire staff for years to come and builds continuity. Recruits love stability almost as much as they love winning

Just feels like the beginning every coaches tenure since Lane.

“Wait till we get some players in here”

“We just don’t have the depth”

Heupel seems like the most genuine and likable coach yet but damn, this sh*t is exhausting. I’m in my early 20’s and have yet to ever really see us field a nationally competitive program.

Im in my late 40’s. I know what this program can be

Kirby walked in to a better roster than TN had in 15 or 16. He has recruited top 5 pretty much every year. They have 2(im counting this year) playoff appearances and 0 SEC titles and 0 natty's. Its going to take a long time to stack the talent required.
We have better scheme/coaching. Not saying it’ll be easier for us to get back, but ya never know

Hendon was 24-37 for 266 yards one TD, one pick against the best defense in college football. That is not exactly playing terrible, like some of you seem to be thinking.
I didn't say he played terribly, I said that the moment was too big for him. He started pressing. Doesn't help that he had the best defense in the country breathing down his neck. But he was holding the ball longer as the game went on, looking for the big play. He's not at his best doing that.

Hendon was 24-37 for 266 yards one TD, one pick against the best defense in college football. That is not exactly playing terrible, like some of you seem to be thinking.

When the play broke down he didn’t exactly put us in a position to make something positive.

Overthrows, throwing it away on 4th down in red zone, that last questionable fumble. He’s a serviceable system QB against middle of the pack teams but he’s not that guy to help us beat elite teams.

He’s definitely not the guy many people have tagged as a future heisman candidate for next season.

Which one of you morans runs this site? Deleted a longer, dumber post. Just short of calling for a coaching change. Guy needs to text a buddy. Geez ABC37AA9-26AF-416B-98A2-E8F8DFF7C786.png

We have better scheme/coaching. Not saying it’ll be easier for us to get back, but ya never know
I compare us to where OM was after Freeze. We have a slightly better roster than what Luke had laft, but with the scholarship numbers things are close. OM is in year 5 post sanctions and while theyre decent they still cant hang with Bama or UGA.

Reactions: VolByLaw
When the play broke down he didn’t exactly put us in a position to make something positive.

Overthrows, throwing it away on 4th down in red zone, that last questionable fumble. He’s a serviceable system QB against middle of the pack teams but he’s not that guy to help us beat elite teams.

He’s definitely not the guy many people have tagged as a future heisman candidate for next season.
This is hookers first year in the system lol.. y’all need to chill on the criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back