Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I compare us to where OM was after Freeze. We have a slightly better roster than what Luke had laft, but with the scholarship numbers things are close. OM is in year 5 post sanctions and while theyre decent they still cant hang with Bama or UGA.
Tennessee is a bigger brand than OM. We will recruit better than they have

Hendon was 24-37 for 266 yards one TD, one pick against the best defense in college football. That is not exactly playing terrible, like some of you seem to be thinking.

Not just the stats. He had a bad fumble, was incredibly indecisive and missed some easy throws. A good portion of these completions were within 5 yards including at least 6-7 where he’s throwing at the LOS.

He had a great first quarter and then tanked the rest of the game. He definitely didn’t elevate his game when he needed to

Just feels like the beginning every coaches tenure since Lane.

“Wait till we get some players in here”

“We just don’t have the depth”

Heupel seems like the most genuine and likable coach yet but damn, this sh*t is exhausting. I’m in my early 20’s and have yet to ever really see us field a nationally competitive program.

Take it easy.

Heupel has done things no other first year coach has done since Kiffin. And they were both showing great signs year one - evidence of a sound football program with great plays, scheme, PREPARATION, just lacking in execution.

Two things fix a lack of execution - better players and more practice.

We have yet to see the fruits of labor in recruiting, and now the portal, but it will come.

I know being patient sucks but we suck man. There's no easy button in anything in life that's worth a damn.

Heupel seems like the most genuine and likable coach yet but damn, this sh*t is exhausting. I’m in my early 20’s and have yet to ever really see us field a nationally competitive program.

I have no idea if Heup will win championships, but damn, he’s made UT fun to watch again. We are SO thin with all the transfers and he’s well exceeded expectations year 1.

We older folks have witnessed the good, the bad, and the ugly. Hold the line young buck; I feel like UT will be better sooner than later. Need some more portal guys to try to shore up depth until we can get back to a full roster. Yes, it’s frustrating, but I truly believe better times are right around the corner.

Go Vols.

This is hookers first year in the system lol.. y’all need to chill on the criticism
His deficiencies, imo, aren’t system related. He’s hit his ceiling. Fortunately I think what Heup has done with him will be a good recruiting pitch. Along with Velus, Payton and Tillman.

Reactions: VolByLaw
We are doing exactly what the talking heads around here have said we need to do… 1st thing - cement ourselves as the 3rd best team in the East, and then build to where we can compete with uga and florida. We had slipped out of the top three the past few years..Most everybody that halfway knows what they’re talking about would agree that we are ahead of schedule

Man I miss being good and constantly ranked
Depending on how hot we are through these last two games, and whatever statement we can make in a bowl (blow out a meh team or surprise a good team), we could go into next season ranked. We will definitely be ranked by the time we beat Pitt at Pitt, probably convincingly. We are 3-0 and ranked for the Florida game (again), which is something most of our new coaches have to wait until year 3 to have lined up. I think we could start 5-0! Don't get down.

We are doing exactly what the talking heads around here have said we need to do… 1st thing - cement ourselves as the 3rd best team in the East, and then build to where we can compete with uga and florida. We had slipped out of the top three the past few years..Most everybody that halfway knows what they’re talking about would agree that we are ahead of schedule
I've been happy since we handled SCar and Mizzou to pretty much guarantee a bowl in year 1. Winning vs a ranked Kentucky was so so sweet. Enough to carry me into the off-season. Smoking whoever in the bowl game will be a great high note we can all high five about going into the off-season.

But we are all going to fall short of that goal. I get that you say no one should project as holier than thou, but c’mon, Jesus exclusively hung out with sinners and preached only love. He didn’t hang out with the church crowd. We would all be better off if we remembered that.

"... exclusively hung out with sinners and preached only love..."

We've all sinned and fallen short, but that wasn't what you were implying so you might wanna read some more because those statements are incorrect.

I've been happy since we handled SCar and Mizzou to pretty much guarantee a bowl in year 1. Winning vs a ranked Kentucky was so so sweet. Enough to carry me into the off-season. Smoking whoever in the bowl game will be a great high note we can all high five about going into the off-season.
This is how I’ve felt too.. taking car of vandy, usce, mizzou and ky is exactly what we needed to do. Not a lot of people outside our fanbase gave us a shot at doing that

Heupel is the first coach since Kiffin where there were big improvements in the first year that gave good reason for excitement. I would also argue that he's doing it with the most depleted roster and the worst national perception to fight in recruiting. It's a very different deal than Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back