Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say he played terribly, I said that the moment was too big for him. He started pressing. Doesn't help that he had the best defense in the country breathing down his neck. But he was holding the ball longer as the game went on, looking for the big play. He's not at his best doing that.
It was not his best game for sure. Saying the moment is too big for him is insulting, IMO. He likely did feel some extra pressure knowing he had to play extremely well. I think we have gotten a little spoiled with how well he has played. Was the moment too big for him at Bama?

When the play broke down he didn’t exactly put us in a position to make something positive.

Overthrows, throwing it away on 4th down in red zone, that last questionable fumble. He’s a serviceable system QB against middle of the pack teams but he’s not that guy to help us beat elite teams.

He’s definitely not the guy many people have tagged as a future heisman candidate for next season.
And I think he's a lot better than serviceable.

Heupel is the first coach since Kiffin where there were big improvements in the first year that gave good reason for excitement. I would also argue that he's doing it with the most depleted roster and the worst national perception to fight in recruiting. It's a very different deal than Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt.
And Heupel isn't doing it while burning the house down

Kiffin at UT was like Griswold putting up the Christmas lights. To hell with everything

Just feels like the beginning every coaches tenure since Lane.

“Wait till we get some players in here”

“We just don’t have the depth”

Heupel seems like the most genuine and likable coach yet but damn, this sh*t is exhausting. I’m in my early 20’s and have yet to ever really see us field a nationally competitive program.

I've got shoes older than you. You have no concept of exhausting.

Not just the stats. He had a bad fumble, was incredibly indecisive and missed some easy throws. A good portion of these completions were within 5 yards including at least 6-7 where he’s throwing at the LOS.

He had a great first quarter and then tanked the rest of the game. He definitely didn’t elevate his game when he needed to
Ok

The difference in the game were the LBs. Look at the guys they were rolling out there and the crew we trotted out there. LBs are so critical in covering the RBs and getting the QB on the ground. Something that has killed us all year.

This isn’t even counting Adam “no means no” Anderson not playing for them.

It was not his best game for sure. Saying the moment is too big for him is insulting, IMO. He likely did feel some extra pressure knowing he had to play extremely well. I think we have gotten a little spoiled with how well he has played. Was the moment too big for him at Bama?
This was the first game that I thought he looked like he was in his head.

He was a leader vs Ole Miss and a warrior vs Bama. I still think he is a leader and a warrior.

The difference in the game were the LBs. Look at the guys they were rolling out there and the crew we trotted out there. LBs are so critical in covering the RBs and getting the QB. Something that has killed us all year.

This isn’t even counting Adam “no means no” Anderson not playing for them.
They’re loaded at every single position with unbelievable depth.. but yes, the talent difference at linebacker is almost funny

Hendon was 24-37 for 266 yards one TD, one pick against the best defense in college football. That is not exactly playing terrible, like some of you seem to be thinking.
I think he is so above average (one of the best quarterbacks in the country) that people expect that perfection all the time. He was playing against the best defense in the country.

Did you even read the post of mine you were laughing at and saying was was wrong?? I said UT is a bigger brand than ole miss and will recruit better than they have. Are you drunk?
No.
And No 17 is their best class recently. My point with my other post was thats nowhere close to good enough to beat who we are chasing.

Doesn’t do any good to be mad. Try to enjoy the ride up. The future is looking better

Hey we are about to be 7-5 when is the last time we have been this excited about our football team and the direction it is headed? Its possible that we could end up 8-5! In Hype's first year! We got so much to be happy about and excited. Look at our O. Think about when we start getting stud QB's OL's WR;s in here. We be score 80 a game. LOL

Just feels like the beginning every coaches tenure since Lane.

“Wait till we get some players in here”

“We just don’t have the depth”

Heupel seems like the most genuine and likable coach yet but damn, this sh*t is exhausting. I’m in my early 20’s and have yet to ever really see us field a nationally competitive program.
Keep in mind that if we win the bowl game, Huepel will have done better in his first year than Kiffin with a less talented roster.

I get being mad that we are here. I am with you, but I can also see a distinct difference in this year 1 and the others. All we lack is proof they can recruit and develop consistently and that will take a couple of years before we can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back