Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Das ist rassistisch.
7e3c1902880aadf501bd2b6d40a9982a.jpg

It's not just about Evans. I'm talking overall. It seems we have very few NIL significant NIL deals compared to other schools. I get other schools have better players, but we need to show future recruits they can earn money here. We need to make ourselves look desirable to try and keep up with other schools. If we don't, we're not going to win many recruiting battles. Hate it all you want, but NIL has changed the face of the recruiting landscape. Recruits are gonna pick where they can capitalize on NIL deals.
The only NIL deals I've heard about are for the superstars. Some company is giving every player $500 a year for some reason but only the "super stars" are touting their deals.

Possibly. But hearing rumors he may retire as Duke HC at the end of the year.

Even if that is indeed the case, we don't have a staff opening, even for Cut. And I hope we don't have any openings for another couple years at least. Let's just add him as an 'analyst' instead.

@mrMet beat me to this line of rationale.

Reactions: hooter vol
I wonder what our record would look like if we played the 42nd hardest schedule versus the #1 hardest schedule.
Freaking Georgia.
To be fair...their schedule can't look top notch...because they're crushing and devaluing everyone else. Note that Bama isn't that high either.

Not that it's everything, but there's definitely a factor of circularity for top teams.

But our schedule is undoubtedly rough once again. Will get easier the next 2 weeks, at least. The whole Ole Miss/Pitt stuff...well that's just our luck.

It's not just about Evans. I'm talking overall. It seems we have very few NIL significant NIL deals compared to other schools. I get other schools have better players, but we need to show future recruits they can earn money here. We need to make ourselves look desirable to try and keep up with other schools. If we don't, we're not going to win many recruiting battles. Hate it all you want, but NIL has changed the face of the recruiting landscape. Recruits are gonna pick where they can capitalize on NIL deals.
Just saying guys like Tiyon that haven't done 💩 besides sit the bench when you need him most don't deserve anything...he hasn't earned it, him griping about it just further sours me on him. Hooker is out there beat ta hell and playing his ass off...that man has earned it.

I liked Evans and thought he would be an all-SEC back, but he has failed at that. He can't stay on the field and was nowhere to be found in our biggest and toughest games.

Just saying, if he leaves, it will not be a big loss.
I agree...if he wants paid, then he should play. What does he expect, a big NIL deal for sitting the bench half the season? That is ridiculous.

How a Tennessee Wide Receiver Went From Two-Star to Superstar | Rocky Top Insider

What makes Tillman even more special, though, is his ability to step up in big-time games and atmospheres, especially considering he had such little experience in that area prior to this season. Tillman’s four best games of the season have all come against ranked teams and some of the SEC’s best. Tillman had seven catches for 84 yards against Ole Miss, and then seven catches for 152 yards on the road against Alabama. The Tennessee wide-out then followed that up with six catches and 79 yards against Kentucky, and ten catches for 200 yards against Georgia. Not to mention, Tillman scored a touchdown in each of those four games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back