Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, you think I'm not aware that both programs are have been dumpster fires? Both have been embarrassments.
No? Not one single joke or link or article or tweet from the media, fans, or otherwise that paints the Lady Vols in the same shade as the football team? I knew you wouldn't be able to provide it, because there are none...because the Lady Vols have been NOWHERE NEAR the embarrassment of the football program.

No Grumors or McDonald's bags? No coaches leaving in the middle of the night after one season, or burning couches? No losing season or failure to miss the postseason multiple times? Not one single article or tweet or blurb calling for the Lady Vols to play in an empty arena? No mass NCAA recruiting investigation? No buyout after buyout after buyout? No losing record (73-75) and multiple postseasons missed, compared to a winning one (210-85) and NO POSTSEASONS MISSED? No day after day after day after day of Thamels and Wolkens and Patricks and Herbstreits sh!tting all over the program, something that continues STILL? No "Moral Outrage" or "Bankruptcy" or "Trash" headlines to describe the Lady Vols as opposed to the football program? Again, not one single article, tweet, blog or blurb? Where is this place that you see the Lady Vols being the laughing stock and punchline like the football program? There is no such place.

The fact that you have to outright make sh!t up, tells me all I need to know about your ability to see things from a realistic perspective. Actually, most would say, having to outright make things up is a total break with reality altogether.

I know we're all tough guys today (I'm typing this post with 10 broken fingers, btw), but I don't understand what you're trying to argue about here.

Facts:
* Steve McNair is tough
* Peyton Manning is tough
* Steve McNair missed games because of injuries
* Peyton Manning missed games because of injuries
* Peyton Manning is a Vols legend
* Steve McNair is a Titans legend
* They are both great football players that played great football in the state of Tennessee and love(d) the state of Tennessee

I'm not really interested in cramming an argument into a conversation that doesn't really need an argument. Nor playing the Badass Olympics with 2 men that are in the 99 percentile of toughest all-around football players.
10 broken fingers...psshhh...I just cut both of my hands off right before typing this. Wuss!

the-house-will-ferrell.gif

Clean break of both bones just just above the ankle. Repaired with 8 screws and a plate. Bone healed clean in 2 months. Soft tissue took years to feel "normal".

I was also a soldier. Remember guys who would march through pain, never complain, and never drop out...and then there were the other guys. Had nothing to do with physical strength or ability. Some people just have the mental toughness. Others don't. Certainly don't know whether that is Evans or not, but I understand your point.
I get it too.

Is pretty obvious that two of Pats players didn’t pay attention much to what she was coaching and the systems she was running. Our offensive system and basic fundamentals have been atrocious under the last two coaches.
You do know her best player is out with an injury----

It’ll never be like it was when Pat was coach.
Just wait. UConn will be good, not great when Geno retires. Duke, same when Coach K leaves.
UCLA isn’t what it was without Wooden. Indiana is average without Knight.
Let’s see how UNC is without Roy Williams. They weren’t very good after Dean left.

It’s a lot harder to find great women’s HC’s I would think.

Lady Vols will be fine.

Icons/legends don’t come around often.
Wooten was a good coach but "all" of his star players were bought and paid for by a booster. It's well documented

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
What is Tiyon worth? He has missed too much of the season and has been uselessly unavailable when we have needled him most. The great ability is availability.
It's not just about Evans. I'm talking overall. It seems we have very few NIL significant NIL deals compared to other schools. I get other schools have better players, but we need to show future recruits they can earn money here. We need to make ourselves look desirable to try and keep up with other schools. If we don't, we're not going to win many recruiting battles. Hate it all you want, but NIL has changed the face of the recruiting landscape. Recruits are gonna pick where they can capitalize on NIL deals.

It's not just about Evans. I'm talking overall. It seems we have very few NIL significant NIL deals compared to other schools. I get other schools have better players, but we need to show future recruits they can earn money here. We need to make ourselves look desirable to try and keep up with other schools. If we don't, we're not going to win many recruiting battles. Hate it all you want, but NIL has changed the face of the recruiting landscape. Recruits are gonna pick where they can capitalize on NIL deals.

Honestly, I think the admin/staff are keeping that a bit hush hush. Since the allegations against the former staff are for "paying players"

This. NFL isn’t drafting a guy who one can’t stay healthy and two can’t find a way to play in big games.
I won't question his injury because I have no idea what he's actually going through with it, but I stated the same about him being drafted. Unless he just has some amazing pre-draft workouts, he's not getting drafted on his body of work. But someone will bring him into camp. From there, it would be up to him to earn it. Personally, I think he should make sure he gets his degree.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
My guess on Evans is he came here with the plan he was leaving after one season. Probably hasn't been taking care of his skool work. Despite his injury situation, he probably plans on continuing with that plan.
Evans better think long and hard about this. He is going to get his feelings hurt. He cant stay healthy in college long enough to play. But its on him

Evans better think long and hard about this. He is going to get his feelings hurt. He cant stay healthy in college long enough to play. But its on him
Depending on his financial situation, he may not care if he gets drafted or not. UDFA is all he may need in order to prove himself. He will get interest

From Basilio's blog this morning:

"Word is reverberating around Tennessee's program that Tiyon Evans might be finished with the Vols in order to get healthy and focus on the NFL Draft. This does line up with what I'm hearing as it seems like Evans has been focused on getting to the pros since arriving here. He's been very good when healthy but just hasn't been able to stay on the field. He was obviously not himself in the Kentucky game and would leave Tennessee with a gaping hole heading into bowl season. The junior from Hartsville, South Carolina was always going to be a short termer here. A 100 percent healthy Evans could've made a big difference in a few of the signature games."

That bums me out if true.
That's funny---I'm sure the NFL scouts are hanging out at the ice tub just to get a feel for his talent :cool::cool:

Reactions: Volsdeep4
Depending on his financial situation, he may not care if he gets drafted or not. UDFA is all he may need in order to prove himself. He will get interest
We can NIL him more money than he would make as an undrafred free agent. He's gotta chill, get healthy, and then he can get money.

At the end of the day, you can only bet on yourself, but going pro doesn't seem like his best decision.

you get it thrown out?
The DUI was thrown out because it was proven that the police officer didn't have probable cause to pull us over (just leaving downtown/bars area), so since there was no longer a DUI, there was no crime that I would've aided and abetted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back