Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems less risky than not playing another snap of football and expecting to get drafted.
He ain't getting drafted, and will have to scrap to get in as a UFA. He could make a lot more money by coming back, and throwing some big numbers up...getting some NIL money for next season and then getting drafted.

He ain't getting drafted, and will have to scrap to get in as a UFA. He could make a lot more money by coming back, and throwing some big numbers up...getting some NIL money for next season and then getting drafted.
100% agree

Just trying to make sense of a situation that doesn't make sense. The more I think about him going pro the less I understand it.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
dude, private workouts... nfl combines... senior bowls... pro days.
Lol...how many dime a dozen HEALTHY RBs just as talented or more so than him...that have proven durability are going to be doing the same thing?

A NFL team would be insane to draft him with so many proven durable backs available, and he will have to beat out dozens of others for even a UFA practice squad spot.

i mean, it'll change again by season's end, Auburn will move up, we'll move down etc..but i think it just goes to show more evidence that what this staff has done in a single, abbreviated, off season, with as many transfers out, and transfers in mind you, young guys, and just not a lot of depth at very key spots....

i don't know how they'll turn out in 5 years, but i'm just gonna go ahead and say it...of all the coaches we've had since Fulmer, i think this staff has done the best job in a year 1 out of all of them. and it's not really close. prior to this year, i'd of said Kiffin. but Kiffin inherited a whole lot more to work with that CJH and company.

and perception alone, despite the record, is that this team will compete, and will cause most any team not named Georgia, problems when we play. this offense was putrid 12 months ago.

i'm excited/anxious to see what they can build from this season. and maybe just maybe, the schedule starts doing us some favors next season and we can get off to a hotter start, with some 'name' wins that will get some real attention.

If Pat were still around, South Carolina, A&M, Ms St and Kentucky would have never progressed to the point they are today. Pat’s early unfortunate departure created a vacuum within the conference.
But no surprise that during her last few years many fans were calling for even her to be fired because they didn’t think she’d won enough and that the game had passed her by.

Reactions: barrylee
We have a ton of portal work to do for next season in my opinion. Lose a lot of the DL, two starting receivers, and a lot of other guys can decide to leave if they want (Hooker, Tillman, Taylor, Mays, Wright, Evans, etc). Plus it would be really nice to add some experience at linebacker, offensive line, and defensive back.

We really need to have some good fortune in the portal again.
Yes, we need to realize that next year we may not take another step forward and be prepared for it.

Yes, we need to realize that next year we may not take another step forward and be prepared for it.
Yup, could even see a small step back. Current team has some legit talent on it (despite what negavols here say)...we'll have to do really well to replenish and replace some of our DUDES. CJP left us in an impossible spot to recruit out of it asap.

Wouldn't be shocked if it takes an off-year to flip the roster over...we should be prepared imo. But ofc the usuals won't want to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back