Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have at a lower level than you but I always found that stuff to be funny as long as they don’t physically try to do something….. it didn’t bother me about my son but mama bear was getting ready to attack if I didn’t stop her.
It never really does. Most of the time it is funny because no one actually knows the rules. They think Saturday and Sunday rules apply to Friday nights.

It never really does. Most of the time it is funny because no one actually knows the rules. They think Saturday and Sunday rules apply to Friday nights.
I have done that before from the stands….. start complaining about something and then realize that I’m an idiot.

I wish I got paid enough to cheat.
Why do all refs either wear glasses or need them?

And, is this you?

referee.gif

When Florida fires Mullen, I hope they make a splash hire…like a “Brass Against”-style “splash” hire.

That was, by the way, disturbing to say the least.

Florida better act quickly… their Florida State brethren have picked up very serious momentum on the recruiting trail. Especially from In State Highschool coaches. They love Norvell and FSU is getting massive new facilities. They’ll end up getting a better class than Florida for 22’ Top 10 class. Mike’s had to gut the entire roster. Kicked dozens off the team etc. Culture was so awful. I hope they can capitalize and pin down florida once again

Florida better act quickly… their Florida State brethren have picked up very serious momentum on the recruiting trail. Especially from In State Highschool coaches. They love Norvell and FSU is getting massive new facilities. They’ll end up getting a better class than Florida for 22’ Top 10 class. Mike’s had to gut the entire roster. Kicked dozens off the team etc. Culture was so awful. I hope they can capitalize and pin down florida once again

Don't like either but want FSU and Miami to start being a pain in FL's butt on the recruiting trail again.
They've had too much of a free ride for state loyal talent for too long.

A little battle of trash cultures to divide up the guys not leaving the state.

Was talking to some people at the UGA game that i know from my time workin in sports and heard a fun little gem but didnt think too much of it, but the Barstool podcast just brought it up.

Lane Kiffin might actively be lobbying to get Manny Diaz fired and get his job. That would be incredible for us.

if he wants to be in Florida lets hope Miami makes a move before Florida does.
I feel that he would kill it there. There's not many ACC teams that would be able to stop the offense he would bring.

I'd be thrilled if that's the only kind of stuff they got wrong, misapplying college rules to high school. Those are the intelligent hecklers at least. I had a coach and all the fans yelling at me for 3 quarters that it's impossible for the defense to block below the waist because defensive players can't block.

Reactions: Tennessee Golfer
It happens at high school level too….My son was a freshman goalie starting on the varsity soccer team and I thought my wife was going to whip this one woman talking about our son. LOL
We've had some of the same stuff with our daughter in volleyball. As a freshman, she started on a team that finished 2nd in the state went on to win team MVP as a soph. and this year as a junior. People would always say she got to start because the head coach was my wife's coach. I would just tell my daughter to prove them wrong. Let them and their parents talk, be a great teammate even to the JV, then when you play their daughter in practice do your best to absolutely destroy them and shut them up. That's a pretty regular thing.

I have at a lower level than you but I always found that stuff to be funny as long as they don’t physically try to do something….. it didn’t bother me about my son but mama bear was getting ready to attack if I didn’t stop her.

Coaches watch parents and loud mouths parents who put down kids are a quick way in baseball to get you scratched off the recruit list. Too many talented players to deal with parents like that.

I’m sure Kiffin would love to go to Miami, I’m not sure the administration would be interested in hiring him. The University of Miami considers itself an increasingly elite academic institution (all of the big Florida schools are getting more selective, largely due to population growth), and I don’t think they embrace their history as “The U.” Hiring Kiffin with all the baggage he brings with him and the public spectacle he makes is going to be an issue for that school. I’m sure they’ll call Mario Cristobal, but I can’t see them being willing to pay what he will command (and Oregon would easily match). They may kick the tires on Dave Clawson.

Reactions: BigSteve09
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back