Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his style would have worked, but he wasn't really recruiting well. Seemed to lose more guys to the MLB draft than Tony V has.
He wanted to play west coast small ball and that style wasn’t going to work here in a baseball heavy conference full of big hitters…. I remember TV being introduced at a basketball game( most were Serrano guys)…… they were just physically small for what a SEC team should look like.

Actually, I'd say Miami is the "destination" spot in Florida for a guy like Lane.

People tend to forget that Florida isn't on a beach and Gainesville as a city isn't huge population wise. Ideally you'd want to be in one of the major cities I'd say or on a beach, and Miami meets both.
He knows the potential (athletically and socially) of South Florida from his time at Florida Atlantic. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was angling for Miami.

I think his style would have worked, but he wasn't really recruiting well. Seemed to lose more guys to the MLB draft than Tony V has.
I'm just saying that a great coach adapts to the environment and recruits well, so either one of those would disqualify him from being a great coach.

Reactions: turdherder11
No “fan” should ever talk sh*t to a players family.

Full stop.

If people in the stands were just talking to each other about it and she overhead that’s a little different.
You're not wrong here.

But for the record, I hate the phrase full stop. Can we please eliminate this from the VN vocabulary. It's too Wes Ruckerish and Hillary Clintonish for my ears

Actually, I'd say Miami is the "destination" spot in Florida for a guy like Lane.

People tend to forget that Florida isn't on a beach and Gainesville as a city isn't huge population wise. Ideally you'd want to be in one of the major cities I'd say or on a beach, and Miami meets both.

Gainesville is a dump. Been once and I will never go back.

Gainesville is a dump. Been once and I will never go back.
Hogtowne for a reason. Armpit of Florida.
d3122dce-111d-4937-922b-9778bbaab3f0_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back