Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he would be better than he was. The concern for me was always his ability to surround himself with good people, both as coaches and as human beings. He couldn't. Heupel has surrounded himself with good coaches who are also quality individuals.
I watched a show years ago that was talking about him and then saw interviews with him…. I thought he was going to be the next big thing…. I didn’t realize how bad he was with people that he was our how controlling that he was…..It was very telling when all of his “good” friends started bailing on him.

Link looks dead or is it just my phone misbehaving?
It's a tweet from a Florida beat writer:
"#Gators QB coach Garrick McGee says it was hard for Emory Jones' mother to continue coming to UF games because of comments from fans: "And he had to deal with that while he was out on the field trying to execute...those types of things are something nobody talks about." "

and Emory has quoted it and said "and that's sad honestly"

Was talking to some people at the UGA game that i know from my time workin in sports and heard a fun little gem but didnt think too much of it, but the Barstool podcast just brought it up.

Lane Kiffin might actively be lobbying to get Manny Diaz fired and get his job. That would be incredible for us.

if he wants to be in Florida lets hope Miami makes a move before Florida does.
Lane knows that he's probably hitting the ceiling at Ole Miss this season with Corral. It's hard to get elite talent to Ole Miss and he will never have equal talent to the top four or five teams in the SEC. If offered the opportunity to coach at a place that traditionally recruits really well and competes at a higher level, he would jump. Miami probably would be a good fit for him...easy recruiting and easy schedule. I could see Ole Miss offering the job to their current OC if he leaves.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
I don't agree with it but what's the appropriate response to bad play? HS kids should not be heavily scrutinized of course but what are the Gators supposed to say when Jones throws a pick 6? What did everyone here yell when Milton ran out of bounds against Ole Miss?

No “fan” should ever talk sh*t to a players family.

Full stop.

If people in the stands were just talking to each other about it and she overhead that’s a little different.

I was too.I’ll never forget him flipping off our fans when Dennis Rogan intercepted that pass and we beat them.Dennis Rogan was a prime example of someone that needed to come back for his senior season.He was a really good player but would have profited by staying that one year.
Rogan should have came back for sure, but I think it was Eric Gordon that had the INT that game.

Actually, I'd say Miami is the "destination" spot in Florida for a guy like Lane.

People tend to forget that Florida isn't on a beach and Gainesville as a city isn't huge population wise. Ideally you'd want to be in one of the major cities I'd say or on a beach, and Miami meets both.

No “fan” should ever talk sh*t to a players family.

Full stop.

If people in the stands were just talking to each other about it and she overhead that’s a little different.

I took it as the latter. If someone came and said it to her knowing she is his mom then they should have been punched by a nearby fan.

Reactions: MarcoVol
From Basilio's blog this morning:

"Word is reverberating around Tennessee's program that Tiyon Evans might be finished with the Vols in order to get healthy and focus on the NFL Draft. This does line up with what I'm hearing as it seems like Evans has been focused on getting to the pros since arriving here. He's been very good when healthy but just hasn't been able to stay on the field. He was obviously not himself in the Kentucky game and would leave Tennessee with a gaping hole heading into bowl season. The junior from Hartsville, South Carolina was always going to be a short termer here. A 100 percent healthy Evans could've made a big difference in a few of the signature games."

That bums me out if true.
We never really got to see him in our more important games so I guess we're mourning 'what could have been' when it comes to him. I hope that he's available if needed but if not I wish him the best. IDK, if going pro now is the answer for him -- a healthy season and I really do think his stock would soar -- but even in limited action his talent is obvious and some kids need to go ASAP just because it's best for them and their situation.

Hopefully, we can find a replacement if we don't have him next year. If he's able (and no gaurantee that he will be) I'd love to have his help for the bowl game. Wright/RB3s size and inexperience won't hurt us nearly as much out of conference/bowling and will give him a jump on next season. He's blindingly fast and until just now I hadn't realized that the last time he got to play was his JR year of HS because COVID shut down his senior season of HS. Given that, he's handled being forced in too soon against killer defenses very well despite the mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back