Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief we just need something, anything, to happen. There's just no news. Nothing is going on. This is absurd. We haven't had a commit since the beginning of fall camp
Careful what you wish for. With every other news report in football over the past 15 years being negative, I’ll take a placid, no-news cycle for a while.

Feels peaceful; nice

Wild that Sark is catching so much heat in year 1 already. He wasn’t able to bring much of anything in last class based on when hired. Defense was left in horrific shape and that is clearly the problem. Offensively signs are there if their potential… and folks say we are unreasonable
He's catching heat for the way their losing games. They can't seem to hold big second half leads and losing games they aren't suppose to lose.

I think Danny White was also fully aware that Josh Heupel wanted the job, I don't think he was first choice. I'm sure other people in play had their favorite candidates and those folks were approached, but I'd say Danny White wanted Josh from the beginning and probably made sure he reminded everyone involved behind the scenes "I know a guy, and he'd love to be here."
DW did not want to raid his previous staff but Franklin drew out the process too long and his back up candidates lost interest, He turned to Heupel because he trusted him and the rest is history. It appears to be a really good hire---much better than any of our previous hires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back