Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually wonder if Heupel was his 1st choice all along, and all the big fish Franklin talk and Elliot was to make it look like we tried to swing big, but didn’t land. Also, it made White look like he really didn’t want to take Heupel from UCF, but had to since he couldn’t land other too choices.
Oh, I think they tried to get Franklin, and I'm so thankful they didn't.

I actually wonder if Heupel was his 1st choice all along, and all the big fish Franklin talk and Elliot was to make it look like we tried to swing big, but didn’t land. Also, it made White look like he really didn’t want to take Heupel from UCF, but had to since he couldn’t land other too choices.

The real question is what DW wanted vs what the people that hired him wanted. While you could reasonably argue for Franklin over Heupel, there is zero basis for Elliot being better than Heupel. That smacks of a diversity directive. I think he made a real effort for Franklin, half-hearted effort for Elliot, then was off the hook to fill the job as he saw fit.

Nothing wrong with sprinkling in dynamic youngsters in the game plan. A guy like Mohan over Page or Willis giving Beasley a break every now and then wouldn't hurt. I know McDonald would be a upgrade over Flowers

May see that this week. Not during our gauntlet of the last 4 games.

It’s kind of funny how much we all care when, like me, you likely rarely even watched Summit’s teams 😂 I know I haven’t watched any games since I was a student. But dagnabit I’m greedy and want us to be elite.

I watched Coach Pat Summit’s Lady Vols all the time. They were awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back