Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kentucky just got a commitment from a stud DT, who is close with the 5 star OT I was hoping would flip to Michigan State.

We can all joke about 34-3, but Kentucky is getting talent they’ve never gotten before.

They’re going to be a thorn in our side for a while.
Yeah as long as Stoops is there, that game will be tough just about every year. We’ve been lucky to beat them two of the last three. Was hoping he would have left.

I cannot fathom wanting to play at Jackson State as the #1 overall recruit LOL. You could go to Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, USC, you could go ANYWHERE and you want to play somewhere that you will probably rarely be on national TV for your games.
with ESPN+, that doesn't really matter much anymore. He and Deion carry enough with their name for people to seek the games out on that platform. I've watched several JSU games. I've seen a couple on at restaurants I've been to this year.

Reactions: TheMagnificantOne
So, let's just assume we do land Pearce today as our final Early NSD commit. How many "spots" would we have left in the 2022 class for real signing day? Not many, right? We'd be essentially done except for the portal?
If we add Pearce that put us at 20. If we get the 7 extra spots due to transfers, that would mean we could potentially sign 12 in February, but we won't because we'll work the portal. But 20 signees today should give us 12 spots to work with between portal and February signings.

Can all the negative Nancys please stick to a random thread from a FF immigrant instead of filling this one up with their incessant whining, gnashing of the teeth, and bragging about USCe, Kentucky, etc's recruiting classes?
This is a joyous day to be a Vol and this thread should be a celebration and full of conversations about the great possibilities of our team and players.
Thanks in advance.

So, let's just assume we do land Pearce today as our final Early NSD commit. How many "spots" would we have left in the 2022 class for real signing day? Not many, right? We'd be essentially done except for the portal?

He'd be 20, so we would still have 5 I believe for HS kids.

Although somehow Georgia and other schools got more than 25...but I don't know how that backwards counting and **** works anymore.

If we add Pearce that put us at 20. If we get the 7 extra spots due to transfers, that would mean we could potentially sign 12 in February, but we won't because we'll work the portal. But 20 signees today should give us 12 spots to work with between portal and February signings.

Good to know. That's quite a bit to work with which at least makes things still interesting for the next 2 months.

Hubbs said we're likely going 27

Kentucky loses Goodwin they will drop to 17th (behind us). And it's trending like he's a Spartan.
iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back