Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennessee ML is +160 on FD.

Didn't bammer have a bad loss a few weeks ago?

I don't follow the line being off like this. We just beat an undefeated Arizona. This could be a very good value for bettors.

We’re likely down a few players due to covid issues. I’d load up on Bama. Great emotional hedge opportunity.

I would make sure we’re not going to be down some players before I made a wager.
Yeah, something is off. They are ranked lower and we just had a big win. Maybe they're thinking it's a let-down type of game, like Duke after Gonzaga.

Haven't heard anything about player's out. I'm sure the media would be all over that after the Memphis cancellation.

It should be closer to even $.

Yeah he's a total liability...

View attachment 424197

Couldn't find deep ball accuracy, but 40% seems pretty damn good to me. If that isn't good, what is? Anyone completing 80% of 20+ yard passes should never lose a game.
Typical A to Z….. that coach didn’t say anything negative about tennessee…. They made a click bait story out of nothing.

he just sounds like an old school coach to me

he also sounds like they're expecting to go down 14+ early lol

they did ask the coach about Hooker specifically, and he said "well, it's really about the run game" and then talked about our RBs.

then they make him talk about the QB specifically at around 4:15 and it does sound like he's crediting the system more than the QB, then jumps right back to "it's REALLY about the run game"

It is about the system.

***Music City Bowl presser with head coaches & coordinators***
Guitar photos complete, the head coaches are talking now.
Heupel says the hospitality has been "fantastic" this week, calls the bowl "first-class" and the players and staff have had a good time. Happy to finish the season out in the home state. Looking forward to sold-out stadium and fun atmosphere.
Brohm says Purdue has worked hard to get to this point and is excited to be here. Played in this game three years (they lost 63-14 to Auburn) and said the experience outside of the game was really fun. Called it a "wake-up call". Said Heupel has done a great job with Tennessee this season. Knows there will be a lot of orange in the stadium but expects a lot of Purdue fans in the building.
Heupel on Tennessee not having a bowl ban: I'm appreciative of our administration putting the players first. I said when I got here that I thought what happened before I got here would be a speed bump and that's how it's played out. I know our kids are excited about the opportunity in this game.
Heupel on motivation to win bowl games: If you're a competitor, and that's one of the traits we want in our players, then you want to win when you play. This game matters a great deal inside of our program. It's important our players enjoy the experience when they are on campus and when they are at the bowl site, but the carrot at the end of it and what you'll remember most is the game itself.
- 247 Brown

Wow....even Coach thinks Bowl games are important....who would have thunk it!

Last edited:
Betty White let's go!
It'll be her 100th birthday.

giphy.gif

Yeah, something is off. They are ranked lower and we just had a big win. Maybe they're thinking it's a let-down type of game, like Duke after Gonzaga.

Haven't heard anything about player's out. I'm sure the media would be all over that after the Memphis cancellation.

It should be closer to even $.

It's @ Bama is why they are getting the edge. We've lost 2 and they've lost 3, but they just got an extra day to prepare for us and are coming off a tough loss. I'd expect the line is set to draw in bets for UT to help get the money more even.

Reactions: Devo182

Yall need to witness this perfect hit and join me in being perplexed as the announcers and thr refs somehow cannot see the obvious here

Mind blowing

I'm with the announcers. It wasn't a blindside block as he was in the player's field of vision. It sure looked like making forcible contact with the shoulder to the head or neck area to me which is one of the indicators of targeting. Freeze the video at the 1:05 mark and you can see his shoulder making contact with the defenders helmet. See 3rd bullet point below for the rule. Picture of the blockers shoulder hitting the head/neck area of the defender below that.

Note 1: “Targeting” means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:
• Launch. A player leaving their feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area.
• A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground.
• Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.

1640800910260.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back