Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with the announcers. It wasn't a blindside block as he was in the player's field of vision. It sure looked like making forcible contact with the shoulder to the head or neck area to me which is one of the indicators of targeting. Freeze the video at the 1:05 mark and you can see his shoulder making contact with the defenders helmet. See 3rd bullet point below for the rule. Picture of the blockers shoulder hitting the head/neck area of the defender below that.

Note 1: “Targeting” means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:
• Launch. A player leaving their feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area.
• A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground.
• Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.

View attachment 424218
I'm sorry you suffer from blindness, but not a single part of his body touches that guys helmet.

He literally hits him with the side of his body and it wasn't blindside, the dude saw him coming.

I'm with the announcers. It wasn't a blindside block as he was in the player's field of vision. It sure looked like making forcible contact with the shoulder to the head or neck area to me which is one of the indicators of targeting. Freeze the video at the 1:05 mark and you can see his shoulder making contact with the defenders helmet. See 3rd bullet point below for the rule. Picture of the blockers shoulder hitting the head/neck area of the defender below that.

Note 1: “Targeting” means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:
• Launch. A player leaving their feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area.
• A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground.
• Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.

View attachment 424218
Good post. I don't think that image shows hitting his helmet, it's just the angle. But even if it was touching, the initial contact was to the shoulder, but that image is taken after the head snaps toward the blocker, not at the moment of contact.

But it is closer than I thought. I personally still think it wasn't targeting because he hit the guy squarely in the shoulder and intentionally moved his helmet out of the way. The guy's head snapping toward him is what causes the almost helmet contact, his initial contact was mid shoulder. Not 100% clear enough to kick someone out of a game, in my opinion.

But it's not as egregious as I thought, thanks for posting.

Reactions: triadvolfan

View attachment 424218
He actually hit him in the side below the shoulder!

View attachment 424218
That must be why they overturned it, then. Clear evidence of targeting, right?

Subaru is one of the best AWD cars you can get for really good prices. Even the WRX and Imprezas are AWD too I think

Infiniti is another great option for AWD cars. Kia has some great smaller SUVs with and I think Mazda does as well, not sure if they have cars with it or not though.certain

agree with the Subaru comment.....but certain engines legitimately have excessive oil consumption.....my youngest has a 2013 Forester which uses right at one quart per 1000 miles....see link to class action lawsuit for affected models and years....other than that, we still really like the vehicle

Subaru Settles Oil Burning Class Action Lawsuit - Top Class Actions

Subaru Oil Consumption Class Action Lawsuit

The 26 chicken bacon ranch was a surprise to me. Someone recommended it and it's now my favorite. Was amazed how good a chicken Philly could taste. Pretty healthy too. The 13 is still amazing too.
I have thought about trying the chicken bacon ranch and the buffalo, but I just love the Italian so much. I may take the plunge the next time I get a free one.

Only 19 days away from the sexiest woman alive's birthday!

You silly goose, Gal Gadot's birthday isn't till April 30th.

I had a blockage. Basically one of the long cords digesting food got tangled and stopped working. So they had to go in and untangle it and let it come back. Still at the hospital with a tube from my nose to my stomach which really sucks. But feel well other than that. Thanks for asking!
Sending prayers for a fast healing

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back