Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the truth.

People are looking back on this with the knowledge of what Garner would eventually become. Fulmer had no idea at the time. No one else didn’t either.
And AT THE TIME Garner had a ways to go. We have a modern analogy. This is the equivalent of replacing experienced, more than solid Kevin Sherrer with the hot recruiting TE’s coach. 😏

I had a blockage. Basically one of the long cords digesting food got tangled and stopped working. So they had to go in and untangle it and let it come back. Still at the hospital with a tube from my nose to my stomach which really sucks. But feel well other than that. Thanks for asking!
Prayers…. That is very dangerous when you have any kind of blockage like that.

I mean...was he really throwing shade? Or just presenting analytics and Zach Ragan (article writer) the one who is trying to turn it into throwing shade?

he just sounds like an old school coach to me

he also sounds like they're expecting to go down 14+ early lol

they did ask the coach about Hooker specifically, and he said "well, it's really about the run game" and then talked about our RBs.

then they make him talk about the QB specifically at around 4:15 and it does sound like he's crediting the system more than the QB, then jumps right back to "it's REALLY about the run game"

Last edited:
I mean...was he really throwing shade? Or just presenting analytics and Zach Ragan (article writer) the one who is trying to turn it into throwing shade?

🤔🤔 fair. But it’s not like he hasn’t been a threat all year past 10 yards.connecting on over half of those that I can recall.Hooker has made a lot of big plays past 10 yards

I don't expect Vol Twitter to have an educated conversation about this, so get ready for "THEY DISRESPECTED HOOKER" to be the thing leading up to kickoff, I'd imagine

Reactions: drylo
I don't expect Vol Twitter to have an educated conversation about this, so get ready for "THEY DISRESPECTED HOOKER" to be the thing leading up to kickoff, I'd imagine
Good. We want to win right? Hell Saban makes up quotes about his team and credits the quote to "The media". You have bama players saying that they feel like the underdog despite being 13.5 point favorites.

I watched it. HE was not throwing shade. Analytics. I almost regret it every time I click on one of his articles.

Yeah, I listened to it as well. I felt like he was saying that they had to try and keep Hendo from hitting so well on the short passes. And was almost like him saying "we'd rather take our chances on the 40% deep ball"

Course I feel like Purdue's defensive numbers look better cause of playing in a slow ass Big 10 and also playing ball control. Their defense only averaged defending 62 plays a game and still gave up 340+ total yards (5.5 yards per play average) our defense was only giving up 5.2 yards per play and was on the field for 77.5 a game.

So really he's just saying they need to cause incompletions in the short passing game to generate more 3 & outs. Which isn't throwing shade at all, it's what their game plan has to be. What I'm hopeful for is us being able to run the ball effectively on them early & often. On paper they look good with how few yards per game they give up, but they gave up over 4 yards a carry. Our defense again was better there too.

Yeah he's a total liability...

View attachment 424197

Couldn't find deep ball accuracy, but 40% seems pretty damn good to me. If that isn't good, what is? Anyone completing 80% of 20+ yard passes should never lose a game.

I may be wrong here but I think @I4Jay said earlier this year that Heupel and crew set a target of 40% on those throws at UCF. Sure looks like Hooker is doing what they are asking to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back