Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what, this team has to find someone that can score when the team goes completely cold inside the 10 minute mark of the 2nd half. That has happened to us a few times.

Just wish we had that one shoot the lights out guy. One that when the game needs to be put away he steps up and drains it on a consistent basis.

Feel like Bailey gets too long of a leash compared to BHH or Powell.

We are going to be a very good team by March though, so much depth and as the talent starts matching the effort of Santi, Fulky like ZZ & KC are doing guys like Powell, BHH, & Mashack could start having bigger impacts.

This team is simply better when they don't chuck up 3's left and right. We got something going in the paint and then go away from it to close the game, that was a mistake but the three was wide open, hard not to take that shot but a higher percentage look is what was needed there. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

It would have been better to be blown out.

Instead we lead in the first half by 10 only to let up and give them a 10-0 run to close.

Then we lead the entire second half and collapse in the final two minutes again.
Yep. Again, we are a good team but not a true contender as much as we wish we were.

Reactions: SpringBokVol
We lead the whole game until the end-- we obviously would have slaughtered this team with Fulkey and Chandler. Shoulda coulda woulda played this or that guy more or less--- After the game is over, I think Powell would have been a better choice then Bailey, but Bailey had gotten a bit hotter-- and Powell hadn't really scored-- BHH can get in there and score, but not so good at the defense. It is what it is..

I stand by my statement after seeing who took those shots at the end. Chandler would’ve given us a way better chance
Fulk puts up another 20/10 game against this team. Chandler is amazing and will be a first rounder, but this team has nobody down low outside of Fulk and ON. ON is very inconsistent especially vs good bigs. Uros just isn’t starter level, BHH is a huge defensive liability that takes plays off that has yet to put it all together

ZZZ played good tonight overall but made a few mistakes late, Santi is good too

We lost by 5 on the road against a ranked opponent down our top 2 players. Not looking for silver linings, but do that to any team not named Duke and it’s hard to do.
All true, but good teams find a way to win when it matters. They should have won this game.

Yep. Again, we are a good team but not a true contender as much as we wish we were.
We keep landing talent but just can’t break through. I think we’ve probably about hit our ceiling. 2018-19 was probably as good as it’s gonna get if I had to guess.

Feel like Bailey gets too long of a leash compared to BHH or Powell.

We are going to be a very good team by March though, so much depth and as the talent starts matching the effort of Santi, Fulky like ZZ & KC are doing guys like Powell, BHH, & Mashack could start having bigger impacts.

Not defending or disagreeing just wondering if CB see's a whole different Bailey in practice? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back