Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

shut the program down

screwed-we-are-screwed.gif

There’s no hope explaining this to VN of all places but bless you for trying lol.

Haha, I know. Just thought a little info might make a little bit of a difference to someone on here. But it’s all good.

I find little nuggets of good stuff on this board all the time just scrolling through…

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Wonder if we're pursuing Christian Gonzalez?

We need secondary help. Worried we're going to miss out on the good players and settle for projects. Really don't understand why we're having trouble attracting transfers, unless it's related to NIL.

Reactions: VolNash17
My BVS flares when I think about how poorly we appear to be doing in the portal. Still have some hope that people are wrong, and we get some of these guys, like Verse, but we have obvious needs, obvious playing time, and yet appear to be garnering little interest. WTH? Can't help but wonder if it's all about money and our unwillingness to play that game because of what happened with Pruitt?

Reactions: VolNash17
Wow..I just got back from the store a few minutes ago and it was doing absolutely nothing, but I just got up to go to the kitchen and get something to drink, and it is snowing like crazy now and at least a half inch is already laying on the ground 😳

Now look what you've done! If you hadn't gone to get a drink it would have never snowed. lol

Yeah true, but no one was running the ball in those games.

TTU - Bryson lead the way with 33 rushing yards
UCLA - Levine lead the way with 43 rushing yards
Florida - Levine lead the way with 25 rushing yards

Ole Miss game was the coming out party and Lewis went for 155... it does however highlight the original point that Freshmen RBs usually don't contribute immediately.
Would you agree that Cut most likely regrets that strategy…and his relative non-use of the TE in the passing game? Dustin Moore was another wasted talent that season.

My BVS flares when I think about how poorly we appear to be doing in the portal. Still have some hope that people are wrong, and we get some of these guys, like Verse, but we have obvious needs, obvious playing time, and yet appear to be garnering little interest. WTH? Can't help but wonder if it's all about money and our unwillingness to play that game because of what happened with Pruitt?

I was thinking of you when I read one post about the transfer portal about to get busy all the way through Spring. I thought @Weezer aint going to be happy to have to wait that long to find out who we land. lol

I was thinking of you when I read one post about the transfer portal about to get busy all the way through Spring. I thought @Weezer aint going to be happy to have to wait that long to find out who we land. lol
Was going to comment to Weez post but you said it….patience and buckle up, this staff will produce when last evaluation is all said and done !

I'm not a patient person.

The best time to pick up players from the portal is now. Now is when you have players who have played above expectations hitting the portal, looking for better opportunities. JMO, but the players we see enter after the Spring this year will be guys disgruntled that they didn't lock down a starting position. Now, if those are players from Bama or Georgia, fine, otherwise you're looking at guys that you're hoping just didn't get coached properly, IMO.

I think now is the time to fill our needs so we can get them enrolled and started in all the offseason stuff and have them here for Spring practice.

Perhaps we believe that there will better quality option after spring practices are over.

I'm not a patient person.

The best time to pick up players from the portal is now. Now is when you have players who have played above expectations hitting the portal, looking for better opportunities. JMO, but the players we see enter after the Spring this year will be guys disgruntled that they didn't lock down a starting position. Now, if those are players from Bama or Georgia, fine, otherwise you're looking at guys that you're hoping just didn't get coached properly, IMO.

I think now is the time to fill our needs so we can get them enrolled and started in all the offseason stuff and have them here for Spring practice.

I agree for the most part but I think we picked up a couple of DT's and I forget who else I think right before Spring practice. I think the good players that have experience are still deciding. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if we find out before January is over who all we are going to land.

I agree for the most part but I think we picked up a couple of DT's and I forget who else I think right before Spring practice. I think the good players that have experience are still deciding. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if we find out before January is over who all we are going to land.
The difference being the passing of the new transfer rule that meant players could immediately play. If that rule had already been in effect, I think those guys would have transferred earlier. Again, jmo. And I still think you want them now to get them in Spring practice.

Reactions: Orange Studs
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back