Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
My BVS flares when I think about how poorly we appear to be doing in the portal. Still have some hope that people are wrong, and we get some of these guys, like Verse, but we have obvious needs, obvious playing time, and yet appear to be garnering little interest. WTH? Can't help but wonder if it's all about money and our unwillingness to play that game because of what happened with Pruitt?

I'm always cautious of lower level portal guys anyway.

I remember EJ Anosike coming from Sacred Heart he was a double double guy. Comes here and he's inefficient and barely able to get on the court. Now he's at Cal State Fullerton and he's pushing double double numbers again.

Some guys can't produce in the SEC, so it's never a "sure thing" I think Verse could help us, but he's also done everything he's done against lower level competition on a very bad team (Albany was 2-9). Also 22 tackles 10 TFL and 4 Sacks doesn't exactly scream "elite" to me. He's young with good size and I'm sure RG can help develop him, but I don't know that he's a game changing pickup either.

Would you agree that Cut most likely regrets that strategy…and his relative non-use of the TE in the passing game? Dustin Moore was another wasted talent that season.

Hindsight is 20/20. I trust that they evaluated appropriately because Lewis' career here and the NFL turned out well, so it's hard to say "they messed up not starting him sooner" when them waiting to start him is why he's a potential HOF RB.

The difference being the passing of the new transfer rule that meant players could immediately play. If that rule had already been in effect, I think those guys would have transferred earlier. Again, jmo. And I still think you want them now to get them in Spring practice.

I totally agree that we need all them before Spring. I think we picked a few after the Feb old signing day. You know the coaches want them here for Spring practice and I bet they will be.

I totally agree that we need all them before Spring. I think we picked a few after the Feb old signing day. You know the coaches want them here for Spring practice and I bet they will be.
Transfers will have to be enrolled to participate in Spring practice. I believe the Spring term starts end of January.

Reactions: Orange Studs
Hindsight is 20/20. I trust that they evaluated appropriately because Lewis' career here and the NFL turned out well, so it's hard to say "they messed up not starting him sooner" when them waiting to start him is why he's a potential HOF RB.
No one’s ever been more ready day one…not even Peyton. Naturally gifted runner and leagues more talented than anything Levine offered blocking wise. Don’t think three games of not letting him feed advanced his development one iota. But I guess it all boils down to opinion if you disagree. I think it cost us the Florida game and nothing has ever changed that opinion since.

Reactions: SugarCC and Volator
No one’s ever been more ready day one…not even Peyton. Naturally gifted runner and leagues more talented than anything Levine offered blocking wise. Don’t think three games of not letting him feed advanced his development one iota. But I guess it all boils down to opinion if you disagree. I think it cost us the Florida game and nothing has ever changed that opinion since.

I mean after seeing what Lewis could/did do, yeah I wish he had started earlier. And he was basically the highest rated RB in his HS class coming out. So not disagreeing with your opinion, just pointing out I see both sides.

On one hand waiting ended up making him the back he became...but on the other hand getting meaningful snaps sooner could have also made him an even better back.

We are also recruiting:
So he is saying our "backup option" is Dante if we don't land Nico?

I thought we was saying Dante was going to Michigan and our backup option was a question they didn't have an answer for.

I knew we were recruiting Dante. He is actually my favorite of the 2 but thanks for the input.

Reactions: VolzMan53
So he is saying our "backup option" is Dante if we don't land Nico?

I thought we was saying Dante was going to Michigan and our backup option was a question they didn't have an answer for.

I knew we were recruiting Dante. He is actually my favorite of the 2 but thanks for the input.

I'd say the term "backup option" isn't the right one to use. We're in a better position with Nico so we've likely got a better chance there. The staff would take either of them in a heartbeat, and the staff would most likely take both if they could.

There's also an instate kid we're recruiting as well.

I'd say the term "backup option" isn't the right one to use. We're in a better position with Nico so we've likely got a better chance there. The staff would take either of them in a heartbeat, and the staff would most likely take both if they could.

There's also an instate kid we're recruiting as well.
No offense to the kid but I hope if we don't land one of those 2, Reed isn't next up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back