Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to know what you got though, that's 2 freshmen who haven't even been on campus yet. We have plenty of depth as in bodies on the roster, but if Small is slow to get back up to speed then you really only have Wright with significant experience. May be why they want a transfer.

We're not Bama or Georgia where we're bringing in guys that are top 50 players and 5 star RBs exactly. I don't mind it, we were thin all season at RB so more bodies isn't a bad thing imo.
Freshman RBs are almost never good at blocking.

2 more thoughts--

Vescovi starts driving to the basket and getting fouled, it could be a major game changer.

If Barnes doesn't do something of substance in the next year or so with this current talent, it will be harder and harder to keep getting these high tier recruits. We will probably see a drop in talent. UT with Barnes seems to be the place where high character talent that is in the one and done scenario will come to get that old school one year development and will then go to the NBA... he got lucky with Admiral and Williams...
He did not get lucky. Good grief. He recruited and developed them. Very big difference.

I have heard Barnes say that inside-out is the way he wants to play even with more three point shots taken. I’m just not sure if it’s an execution problem or something else. I only watched a few minutes last night, but OM was willing to play their 7 footer one on one with Fulky, and no one was getting open.

I agree and I really don't think that game is worth analyzing. At points in it Barnes literally looked like the top of his head was going to blow off while remaining seated in his chair. He turned blood red. So I'm pretty sure they did next to nothing he wanted them to do. He laid into Chandler at one TO and JJJ actually stepped in between them and steered Barnes away from him.

Fulky had nothing. He looked uncoordinated and like he had no stamina from being sick. Their center just stayed in front of him and he had no quickness to get around him. Chandler may have still been suffering as well. So many layups and put backs missed. Forget it and get ready for the next one.

This is a great point. Santi, Powell and Olivier are solid spot up shooters. Given an open shot and time, they can knock them down much of the time. The rest are rhythm catch and shoot when taking the outside J. They shoot their best when the ball has worked inside, they find an open spot on the floor, and the ball gets passed outside where they catch and shoot. JJJ is working on the spot up. Bailey was brought in to be that and now sucks at it.
Bailey sucking so bad at that right now is a big problem.

Best probably not. Most consistent yes. He will be a decent 2 guard at the next level

Vescovi is slow…has average handles and will get his pocket picked at the next level on a consistent bases..and I’m just going to assume you’re banking on his slightly “above average” 3 ball getting him in the NBA..so my question to you is.if Chris Lofton didn’t make it in the NBA what exactly makes you think vescovi will🤔 I don’t know where you were last year but when vescovi was running Point he was constantly double teamed in the back court and we never could get past mid court. vescovi is a liability with the ball in his hands for too long…he should never dribble the ball up court.Vescovi’s main focus should be getting across half court to his spot for the 3 ball.

I’m not even sure why Rick Barnes recruited Justin Powell if he isn’t going to use him.he’s still trying to run the offense through faulky and that’s not going to win ball games.I love faulky to death but he’s a average big man with no post moves,once he’s doubled in the paint there’s no rhythm in the offense and we become stagnant.Barnes better switch it up.

And we're over here worrying if Small might be out for injury and having to play Wright and true freshmen.

Still don't get the whole Tiyon Evans thing either. We might be in a not so great position. Hope the OL can make a "leaps and bounds" jump...we may need it.

Bailey sucking so bad at that right now is a big problem.

He clanks a 3, one of our guys steals the ball and passes to him for a semi defended lay up and he barely touches the rim with the shot. OM gets the board, passes it to his man for an open 3. Swish.

Sucks bad.

He has always turned sideways a little for his J, but he is turned big time sideways now. A liability on D - so he needs to sit.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Twice in 5 days. Tell me about this global warming. ;)View attachment 426312

Weather refers to the short-term conditions of the lower atmosphere, such as precipitation, temperature, humidity, wind direction, wind speed, and atmospheric pressure. It could be sunny, cloudy, rainy, foggy, cold, hot, windy, stormy, snowing … the list goes on.

While weather refers to short-term changes in the atmosphere, climate change (global warming) refers to atmospheric changes over longer periods of time, usually defined as 30 years or more. This is why it is possible to have an especially cold spell even though, on average, global temperatures are rising. The former is a weather event that takes place over the course of days, while the latter indicates an overall change in climate, which occurs over decades. In other words, the cold winter is a relatively small atmospheric perturbation within a much larger, long-term trend of warming. 😬👍

The name has been changed to "global climate disruption" to accommodate all the changes in the weather. The next name will be "global climate apocalypse".

60 minutes said that global warming is making wine taste better in Champagne, France. They have less of it because it’s too hot and floods but it tastes better. The climate in London is now what the climate in Champagne was 40 years ago so now the English are making sparkling wines to rival the pretentious French. ;)

Weather refers to the short-term conditions of the lower atmosphere, such as precipitation, temperature, humidity, wind direction, wind speed, and atmospheric pressure. It could be sunny, cloudy, rainy, foggy, cold, hot, windy, stormy, snowing … the list goes on.

While weather refers to short-term changes in the atmosphere, climate change (global warming) refers to atmospheric changes over longer periods of time, usually defined as 30 years or more. This is why it is possible to have an especially cold spell even though, on average, global temperatures are rising. The former is a weather event that takes place over the course of days, while the latter indicates an overall change in climate, which occurs over decades. In other words, the cold winter is a relatively small atmospheric perturbation within a much larger, long-term trend of warming. 😬👍
mimimi-baby.gif

Vescovi is slow…has average handles and will get his pocket picked at the next level on a consistent bases..and I’m just going to assume you’re banking on his slightly “above average” 3 ball getting him in the NBA..so my question to you is.if Chris Lofton didn’t make it in the NBA what exactly makes you think vescovi will🤔 I don’t know where you were last year but when vescovi was running Point he was constantly double teamed in the back court and we never could get past mid court. vescovi is a liability with the ball in his hands for too long…he should never dribble the ball up court.Vescovi’s main focus should be getting across half court to his spot for the 3 ball.

I’m not even sure why Rick Barnes recruited Justin Powell if he isn’t going to use him.he’s still trying to run the offense through faulky and that’s not going to win ball games.I love faulky to death but he’s a average big man with no post moves,once he’s doubled in the paint there’s no rhythm in the offense and we become stagnant.Barnes better switch it up.
I don't think you understand what a 2 guard is.
I don't disagree with you about Fulk, I'm not sure if you know me or not, but I'm not a fan of Barnes at all. You won't see me defend him

shut the program down

Is he marketing himself as a "one hop" long snapper or a 9th string ILB?

I remember thinking "giving a scholarship to a long snapper seems really stupid." And I was assured it was actually a 200 IQ play by Beldar.

Oh well. Hopefully this results in an additional spot for a transfer, even though I don't pretend to have any idea what the rules are on that stuff any more.

Reactions: volsfan_17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back