Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vescovi is slow…has average handles and will get his pocket picked at the next level on a consistent bases..and I’m just going to assume you’re banking on his slightly “above average” 3 ball getting him in the NBA..so my question to you is.if Chris Lofton didn’t make it in the NBA what exactly makes you think vescovi will🤔 I don’t know where you were last year but when vescovi was running Point he was constantly double teamed in the back court and we never could get past mid court. vescovi is a liability with the ball in his hands for too long…he should never dribble the ball up court.Vescovi’s main focus should be getting across half court to his spot for the 3 ball.

I’m not even sure why Rick Barnes recruited Justin Powell if he isn’t going to use him.he’s still trying to run the offense through faulky and that’s not going to win ball games.I love faulky to death but he’s a average big man with no post moves,once he’s doubled in the paint there’s no rhythm in the offense and we become stagnant.Barnes better switch it up.

Lofton was a small point guard that didn't pass (1.7 apg for his career) and despite being such a great shooter was a career sub 17ppg guy. Those are a dime a dozen especially when they were playing for Bruce Pearl where volume shooting is encouraged (11.9 FGA for his career and 8.0 pg were from 3). Santi rebounds better (3.8 rbpg career), passes better (3.3 apg for his career), defends harder and has better size. Now...saying all that I don't think he'll have an easy path to get in the NBA. But if Ricky Rubio can be in the league then I think Santi can as well, and unlike Lofton Santi has already played a lot of international competition.

Weather refers to the short-term conditions of the lower atmosphere, such as precipitation, temperature, humidity, wind direction, wind speed, and atmospheric pressure. It could be sunny, cloudy, rainy, foggy, cold, hot, windy, stormy, snowing … the list goes on.

While weather refers to short-term changes in the atmosphere, climate change (global warming) refers to atmospheric changes over longer periods of time, usually defined as 30 years or more. This is why it is possible to have an especially cold spell even though, on average, global temperatures are rising. The former is a weather event that takes place over the course of days, while the latter indicates an overall change in climate, which occurs over decades. In other words, the cold winter is a relatively small atmospheric perturbation within a much larger, long-term trend of warming. 😬👍
Knoxville TN Average Temperatures by Month - Current Results 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Lewis went for over 1300 yards his freshmen year...when did Levine ever play over him? And before Lewis it was Jay's gig.
Levine started every game up to Florida due to Cut’s emphasis on pass blocking. A lot of the futile comeback against the Gators was fueled by Jamal’s rushing. A full game and that might have been Peyton’s one victory against his nemesis. His coming out party was against UGA and the bulk of those 1300 yards were generated against the remainder of the schedule. He was a cheat code we waited to use.

Lewis went for over 1300 yards his freshmen year...when did Levine ever play over him? And before Lewis it was Jay's gig.
When headed to the swamp in '97 Fulmer spoke of Levine being better in pass pro than Lewis. So, yes he did start over Lewis until I think it was the Ole Miss game. It was frustrating.

Last edited:
And we're over here worrying if Small might be out for injury and having to play Wright and true freshmen.

Still don't get the whole Tiyon Evans thing either. We might be in a not so great position. Hope the OL can make a "leaps and bounds" jump...we may need it.
Evans played no school while he was here, so I don’t know what it is you don't get. The staff and admin have made it abundantly clear that they want actual student-athletes.

Jared Verse and Isaiah Neyor are two of the main ones to watch right now. I know they at least have serious interest in Northwestern safety Brandon Joseph, but not sure yet how much traction Tennessee might have with him.

Other options are bound to emerge, and even more guys will be in the portal during the spring, but those are the main names to watch at the moment.

Callahan

Hurd is the last I can remember and he was jumbo sized for that position too. Most are no better than a piece of tissue their first year.
And that is a big problem in this particular offense. Picking up that crucial block is the difference in a huge play and a sack a lot of times.

Weather refers to the short-term conditions of the lower atmosphere, such as precipitation, temperature, humidity, wind direction, wind speed, and atmospheric pressure. It could be sunny, cloudy, rainy, foggy, cold, hot, windy, stormy, snowing … the list goes on.

While weather refers to short-term changes in the atmosphere, climate change (global warming) refers to atmospheric changes over longer periods of time, usually defined as 30 years or more. This is why it is possible to have an especially cold spell even though, on average, global temperatures are rising. The former is a weather event that takes place over the course of days, while the latter indicates an overall change in climate, which occurs over decades. In other words, the cold winter is a relatively small atmospheric perturbation within a much larger, long-term trend of warming. 😬👍
There’s no hope explaining this to VN of all places but bless you for trying lol.

Levine started every game up to Florida due to Cut’s emphasis on pass blocking. A lot of the futile comeback against the Gators was fueled by Jamal’s rushing. A full game and that might have been Peyton’s one victory against his nemesis. His coming out party was against UGA and the bulk of those 1300 yards were generated against the remainder of the schedule. He was a cheat code we waited to use.

Yeah true, but no one was running the ball in those games.

TTU - Bryson lead the way with 33 rushing yards
UCLA - Levine lead the way with 43 rushing yards
Florida - Levine lead the way with 25 rushing yards

Ole Miss game was the coming out party and Lewis went for 155... it does however highlight the original point that Freshmen RBs usually don't contribute immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back