Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE got James Pearce and Joshua Josephs...so far. Potentially Verse and open spot for next best edge available...which is increasingly promising after Spring.
Also...Verse's numbers don't look much if any better than Tylers...against juco competition., now there may be a good reason for that, but I don't know what it is 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: volnut1
One of dozens over the last decade or so, and that is the reason I don't get too torqued up about recruiting. The rankings are mostly 🦬💩. If just half the four stars we have signed over the years played anything like their ranking said they would...we wouldn't have sucked as bad as we have.

Well what is one to expect with the evaluations of 18 year old youngsters that are still growing and maturing.
Heupel is trying the more speed on field approach that we all saw in the 90's with player position movement.

Also...Verse's numbers don't look much if any better than Tylers...against juco competition., now there may be a good reason for that, but I don't know what it is 🤷‍♂️
University of Albany is FCS…not Juco. And he was kind of a one man crew. Has impressive highlights against legit teams.

We don't have the volume of highly-rated 4s and 5s that other schools do, so when we do land one like Baron people really focus on him and go "He's going to be awesome." Plus he was a local kid which added to the hype.
We have signed way more than enough of them over the years that we should have always been no less than third in the SEC east instead of often struggling just to stay out of last place over the last decade.

This was based on your Tyler playing in the NFL hypothetical. I saw him as more of replacement for Tremblay.
I said that IF he goes somewhere else and develops into a NFL player...he is just a freaking Sophomore for pete's sake. It may be unlikely...I hope he doesn't.

I just think of the young talent that's still here...

Eason, Bailey, McNeil, Terry, Omari, Simmons and feel like Baron must not have seen himself having a chance to shine as much as he wanted.
He was part of a DL that rarely generated pressure unless we brought extra men (usually 6+).

I won't say good riddance but his contribution won't be hard to replace.

That is to say nothing if his attitude or effort, and I do wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back