Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back in after going out. Not really surprised by Dee Beckwith. Always thought he was playing out of position anyway. Had high hopes when he committed, but it is what it is. I am surprised by Tyler Baron. Thought that had been resolved. People can poo-poo it as no big deal all they want, but every loss of a player hurts when you're starved for depth, and Baron actually saw the field.
I’ll not only poo poo it as not a big deal but celebrate the fact that a mediocre player with a documented bad attitude and questionable work ethic gets the hell out of Knoxville.

Save the meltdown guys, there has to be a handful or two jump in the portal in order to make room for signees and other portal guys to head this way.
iu

These are the numbers I have seen...and they are pretty blah 🤷‍♂️I wonder why in the hell there is such a disparity?
Look at "defensive statistics" under the first section. It shows his production during the 11 games this season, where he had 9.5 sacks and the 52 tackles and such. They just aren't doing a great job with their website and player profiles. 20220106_161915.jpg

Zach Calzada is going to Auburn. I'd say that's an upgrade. Of course, it's not hard to upgrade over Bo Nix.

Reactions: volnut1
They played in the spring because of the pandemic, and those are spring numbers. You have dig a little deeper to find his fall numbers against a regular schedule.

Did you look at the link? When you click "STATS" it shows this year's fall numbers.

1641504146043.png

Mean a portal guy with production in a power 5 conference. With Baron leaving we need a solid, not sure we can afford a project.
Gotcha. I thought you might have thought Verse was a juco.

Typically I would think a guy coming from Albany would be a late bloomer and a project. While I do think he's a late bloomer, he's impressive. He's the type of guy that gets drafted in the 4th or 5th round out of BFE that becomes a pro-bowler. Dude is there physically, so I'd love to see him opposite of Young.

Look at "defensive statistics" under the first section. It shows his production during the 11 games this season, where he had 9.5 sacks and the 52 tackles and such. They just aren't doing a great job with their website and player profiles. View attachment 426420
Yeah...the numbers I had seen were I think 22 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

Reactions: SoilVol and volnut1
<sigh>

It's going to be a long offseason. I think we'll be fine on offense next year, but I'm really concerned about the defense.
Defense was always going to be redzone roulette anyway, buckling down inside the 20 to hold to force a turnover or hold to a FG, then let the offense light it up again.

Reactions: volnut1
Defense was always going to be redzone roulette anyway, buckling down inside the 20 to hold to force a turnover or hold to a FG, then let the offense light it up again.
Everyone was hoping we would improve the defense through the portal. Everyone is still hoping we will improve the defense through the portal. In order for that to happen, we need some good defensive guys to show some interest.

Gotcha. I thought you might have thought Verse was a juco.

Typically I would think a guy coming from Albany would be a late bloomer and a project. While I do think he's a late bloomer, he's impressive. He's the type of guy that gets drafted in the 4th or 5th round out of BFE that becomes a pro-bowler. Dude is there physically, so I'd love to see him opposite of Young.
I thought Albany was a Juco..lol..I don't know why, maybe it was because I read his stuff back when we were chasing the Juco guys that went to AU.

Reactions: SoilVol
Everyone was hoping we would improve the defense through the portal. Everyone is still hoping we will improve the defense through the portal. In order for that to happen, we need some good defensive guys to show some interest.
The thing is, we really don’t know who all they are contacting and everyone on here is freaking out like they aren’t doing anything. It’s gonna play out over time. We don’t play tmr. That’s my take.

If he can produce somewhere else, then he could have developed and produced here.
He DID produce here. Maybe he reached his limit in this scheme? “Could have” requires him to be here. Also scheme fits and response to different coaches is a thing. Crying over spilt milk doesn’t make the milk legendary.

Reactions: SugarCC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back