Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also...Verse's numbers don't look much if any better than Tylers...against juco competition., now there may be a good reason for that, but I don't know what it is 🤷‍♂️
I agree with you here, I trust a portal guy with decent production more than I trust a juco wonder, especially at a position like DE.

I said that IF he goes somewhere else and develops into a NFL player...he is just a freaking Sophomore for pete's sake. It may be unlikely...I hope he doesn't.
I don’t care if he succeeds elsewhere. As long as we have better production at his spot.

University of Albany is FCS…not Juco. And he was kind of a one man crew. Has impressive highlights against legit teams.
Ok..close enough. What highlights are you talking about, because I haven't seen them...not being a jerk, I just haven't seen them. Maybe I just haven't seen his numbers and highlights from this year 🤷‍♂️

I think Baron has been a let down based on his measurables... 6'5" 250-260lbs and was a 4.7 kid in HS. 5 sacks over 2 seasons is pretty disappointing.
He doesn't seem to have that bend/flexibility that the good pass rushers have. It seemed like when he came off the line, he got met and stood up by an opposing offensive lineman and was stopped. Probably a technique thing rather than measurables.

Ok..close enough. What highlights are you talking about, because I haven't seen them...not being a jerk, I just haven't seen them. Maybe I just haven't seen his numbers and highlights from this year 🤷‍♂️
Prolly in his thread? And FCS isn’t remotely close to JUCO…much less “enough”. 😏

Baron is just the latest example of how in state four stars have like a 25% success rate.

A lot of busts.

And we can argue about it Baron was a bust or not. IMO he was a mediocre player and was injured a lot. Transferring clearly sends him to the bust category for me.

Interested to see where he ends up.

Reactions: volnut1
Just got back in after going out. Not really surprised by Dee Beckwith. Always thought he was playing out of position anyway. Had high hopes when he committed, but it is what it is. I am surprised by Tyler Baron. Thought that had been resolved. People can poo-poo it as no big deal all they want, but every loss of a player hurts when you're starved for depth, and Baron actually saw the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back