Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moseley was better at TN at this point. Burrell just seems to start years off strong and tail off mid season. Not sure why that is.
Burrell LACKS what Moseley had plenty of and that's SPEED baby
127147-Eleanor-Roosevelt-Quote-America-is-all-about-speed-Hot-nasty-bad.jpg

Key Lawrence
Omari Thomas
Harrison Bailey
Malachi Wideman
Tyler Baron

Jalin Hyatt
Jimmy Calloway
Len'Neth Whitehead
Dominic Bailey

Morven Joseph
Cooper Mays
Bryson Eason

Martavius French
Dee Beckwith

Doneiko Slaughter
Jimmy Holiday
Javontez Spraggins
Tamarion McDonald
Jabari Small
RJ Perry
James Robinson

Tee Hodge
Will Albright

Pruitt's last class, 9 of the 23 are no longer Vols.

Burrell LACKS what Moseley had plenty of and that's SPEED baby
127147-Eleanor-Roosevelt-Quote-America-is-all-about-speed-Hot-nasty-bad.jpg

I disagree.
Burrell is always in position to make plays.
He has a serious case of the yips. That’s why it’s so frustrating watching him. He’s around the ball it’s just basically guaranteed to be a completion Bc he freezes up.
I would really love to see how he approaches situations in practice.

Malachi got his act together.
he fell victim to coming to Tennessee with the poorest coaching staff ever imagined.
If he played on this system... 😳
View attachment 426623

I recently heard an interview on ESPN Radio with Deon Sanders. He spent a good portion speaking on the recent recruiting success and his thoughts on moving up the coaching ranks. But when the interview was closing, he stopped them to promote M. Wideman. He said that he was a good receiver and they were lucky to steal him from UT but that his real talent was on the basketball court. He felt that he could leave school now and be signed as a free agent in the NBA. Deon kept bragging about how ELITE Wideman was at basketball, but admitted that Wideman's passion was football. He didnt mention his ceiling in football.

Transferring to chase money in the form of NIL deals is different than what Hooker and Burrow did. Both were motivated to transfer by their competitive nature. Both thought they had more to give but were buried on the depth chart by coaches that didn't value them. So they both went somewhere new to have a shot, and both made the most of it.

Its true that these are different motivators for transferring, but they are also not mutually exclusive. I wonder how everybody would feel about HH if we found out that Pruitt gave him 250k to transfer here (HYPOTHETICAL). Would it change anybody's opinion of him? Minimize the value of the work that he has put in?

If Zach Evans transferred to Ole Miss without all the drama and we had no idea about the deal he got there or that he was looking for NIL money, would we even care?

My nephew graduated high school recently and took an entry level job making 30k salary. He was very good at his job and after 6 months, he was recruited by another firm offering to pay him close to six figures. Everybody he talked to said he would be crazy to turn it down. What is different between him and a player that transfers for 100k a year?

How many schools has Mike Gundy played in order to get more money (us at least twice)? And why would we expect one of Mike Gundy's players not to do the same thing? We blame the players, but its not like they have good role models. They aren't blind and are sitting there watching their coaches leave for better paying jobs. Lincoln Riley left for a better deal. Why shouldn't Caleb Williams get to do the same thing? The coaches are rarely criticized for their lack of commitment but a 19 yo kid gets lambasted in the media for it. Its a bizarre double standard.

And one final point since I know that everybody likes to bring up scholarships and the such, but scholarships are only guaranteed for a year. Coaches can, and do, pull them. As a fan base, we do not have a problem when a player who works hard, shows up to all meetings and practices on time, plays on the scout team, but gets processed because a better player is available. As a matter of fact, our fanbase would burn mattresses if they found out that the coaches passed on an elite player so they could honor the scholly of a scout team guy.

I disagree.
Burrell is always in position to make plays.
He has a serious case of the yips. That’s why it’s so frustrating watching him. He’s around the ball it’s just basically guaranteed to be a completion Bc he freezes up.
I would really love to see how he approaches situations in practice.
Know a few that played with him in HS, watched him these last 7 years and it seems he is lacking a bit in confidence. He seemed to make plays more so when the action is in front of him, I think his senior year he had 5 to 6 interceptions playing off coverage but he always had good safety coverage over the top . The secondary was loaded his junior year with Turner at Michigan and Newsome at safety playing at Nebraska. I think a big play or 2 to start off the season would really help elevate his play

Reactions: I4Jay
Key Lawrence
Omari Thomas
Harrison Bailey
Malachi Wideman
Tyler Baron

Jalin Hyatt
Jimmy Calloway
Len'Neth Whitehead
Dominic Bailey

Morven Joseph
Cooper Mays
Bryson Eason

Martavius French
Dee Beckwith

Doneiko Slaughter
Jimmy Holiday
Javontez Spraggins
Tamarion McDonald
Jabari Small
RJ Perry
James Robinson

Tee Hodge
Will Albright

Pruitt's last class, 9 of the 23 are no longer Vols.
I think kiffins class was just as bad

not that it really matters....
On NIL stuff in general, it seems that almost every fan base out there — with only a few exceptions — is afraid his or her favorite school is behind on NIL. I’ve seen it being discussed on message boards by fans of a number of schools. It’s apparently the new thing for fans to freak out about. Lol. But I would say, in general, Tennessee is definitely in better shape NIL-wise than most fans seem to think, as the statement released last month by Spyre would suggest
-Callahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back