Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of truth to this

271283862_10226874939210218_307854969480224653_n.jpg
I love the message and the idea behind this.

Me personally, I would have a hard time telling my kid he can’t come home.

I want home to always be their safe place.

But I get it. I don’t want a quitter either.

Barnes is better at individual development than team development. Just my opinion
I honestly believe that’s his priority, not that he doesn’t want to win. I just think his mission is to develop men, as bb players and as men.

Last edited:
When they implemented the 4 team playoff it basically eliminated CFB regionalism. Enabling Bama, Ohio State, Clemson and now Georgia to suck up more talent than they ever had before. Only way to Regionalize it again is to go back to 2 teams or expand to 8 or so… Look at Saban’s numbers average win loss compared to when the playoffs were implemented. Still impressive before but not exactly what he’s been able to do 2014-now. Take a look at his recruiting numbers since and average player rating as well. It gets higher every year. Same goes for Ohio state and Georgia…. Expand or Go back to two. There is no point in keeping the status quo. Programs need to hire better coaches as well until that happens

I love the message and the idea behind this.

Me personally, I would have a hard time telling my kid he can’t come home.

I want home to always be their safe place.

But I get it. I don’t want a quitter either.
My dad did something similar but slightly different. After my freshman year at UT, I took a summer job at Cedar Point in Ohio. My first night there, I called home from the phone booth we all used in staff housing. I didn’t say I was unhappy but I guess he could hear it in my voice. Right before we hung up, he said, give it two weeks, if you’re still unhappy, I’ll come get you. That’s all I needed - one of the best summers of my life was that summer at Cedar Point.

He made me stay a bit longer but let me know he wouldn’t be disappointed in me if I wanted to come home. (My biggest motivation was disappointing my dad because he believed in me so strongly.)

Is he marketing himself as a "one hop" long snapper or a 9th string ILB?

I remember thinking "giving a scholarship to a long snapper seems really stupid." And I was assured it was actually a 200 IQ play by Beldar.

Oh well. Hopefully this results in an additional spot for a transfer, even though I don't pretend to have any idea what the rules are on that stuff any more.
Jeremy Pruitt ladies and gentlemen

Scholarships for back up long snappers

You bring up an interesting point. Why is he still being torched? Why is he still starting? Two different defensive back coaches. Different DC's. None able to develop him successfully. Still playing and getting torched.

I'm way past ready to see this type coaching end at UT. Don't care who it is as HC. Our D will never be ready for the big time until we have d-backs in the secondary who are competent at what they do. Recruit well, play them all until you find the best combo. Results matter. Even bandwagon fans can see a guy sucks and why he sucks after they have seen him blow it enough times. The coaches should know it well before them.

So that most mean Burrell is the #2 of CB's. Practice player. There are other CB's on the roster. Use them. It's past time to find the best gamers they have if they want to win.

Rant over.

My only question, and I don’t know the answer. Would Burrell had played had Taylor, George, and Turnage not been out?

I mean I trust the staff, but Christian Beal is 5'10" 200lbs (I'm not buying he's actually this heavy) and he lead WF with 604 rushing yards.

Doesn't seem any different than Small, Wright or any of the incoming guys. I mean he's heavier than Sampson I guess. Maybe we don't need a big back, but Ky Thomas has more eligibility left and was far more productive at Minnesota also a bit bigger it looks like as well.

Reactions: OrangenSC
My only question, and I don’t know the answer. Would Burrell had played had Taylor, George, and Turnage not been out?

Yeah...he would have been playing his normal position.

Hadden got the start and was playing the role Burrell typically plays, they trusted Burrell to play the role Taylor typically plays and he just wasn't as good at it.

Didn’t we actually give this guy a scholarship?
I defended the move cause he was from my home-town, that being said he choked in the 2020 SC game and made me look dumb.

Will is a GOOD athlete, I think the idea was he could snap for us and be REALLY good on punt coverage and that was why he got a scholly, but we all see how that ultimately turned out, kid just couldn't get over the nerves. My bro played with him on two State Championship teams, said he would get so nervous he'd puke before games, so I can't imagine what SEC ball did to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back