Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not much better….. he was a stud with Detroit but his team sucked around him for the most part although he had a receiver for the majority of those years that was better than Kupp….. Megatron was an absolute beast although Kupp is a beast as well….. Would have loved to have seen Megatron on a decent team with a better run offense.
Johnson was a great WR no doubt, but he was not a absolute dog like this guy Kupp is...give me a guy like Kupp. That guy has gumption in spades.

Yeah, glad most of you are of the same mindset. My FB blew up with "greatest half time show in a long time" and other BS.

I absolutely love Dre, Snoop, Eminem and 50 Cent. Listened to them a lot, and still do when I get an itch for Rap. But never feel like half time shows with lip syncing or non live music are the right fit. Prince is still my favorite performance, hard to top it imo.
Prince was the GOAT halftime show..I will never forget Purple Rain in the downpour.

Super Bowl is over. March Madness, the Masters, warmer weather, and spring football practice coming up. One of my favorite times of the year...
Screw the Toilet Bowl...I recorded the Phoenix Open and slept all afternoon and then watched it last night instead...that is one of my favorite golf tournaments and it was a doozy this year.

Better fuel price, help muzzer Russia.

I sware, when I lived in Asheville, Ruskies were everywhere. They behaved exactly like the Gypsies portrayed in Snatch.
I have a trucking family (two brothers and one son) that rent a vacant lot to park their rigs in while not on the road. They are from Moldova. Absolutely the hardest working group of people I've ever seen. They are literally on the road, sleeping, or keeping their trucks in tip top condition. Very nice, always bringing me gifts. They haul booze sometimes so they're always bringing me damaged cases of beer and stuff. Brought me a whole pallet of canned chicken. Kept a little and gave the rest to the food pantry at church. Immigrants appreciate what we have here more than most Americans.

I have a trucking family (two brothers and one son) that rent a vacant lot to park their rigs in while not on the road. They are from Moldova. Absolutely the hardest working group of people I've ever seen. They are literally on the road, sleeping, or keeping their trucks in tip top condition. Very nice, always bringing me gifts. They haul booze sometimes so they're always bringing me damaged cases of beer and stuff. Brought me a whole pallet of canned chicken. Kept a little and gave the rest to the food pantry at church. Immigrants appreciate what we have here more than most Americans.
absolutely. All comes down to understanding someone else's culture. Their behavior wasnt personal, they probably felt a high degree of distrust of others. Many cultures haggle when brokering deals, and in this case buying was a multi generational ordeal. Perhaps it was a class thing.

Russians I knew in College and HS came from different economic backgrounds. Didnt really act that way.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Prince was the GOAT halftime show..I will never forget Purple Rain in the downpour.

Attended as many concerts as possible, trying to limit my regrets. Prince blew that all to hail with that performance. One of the most underrated guitarists (and a personal favorite) of all time.
Would've given anything to see that in person.

Even sitting through an NFL game.

He sucked. Close to as bad of a season you can have and still win it all.
That’s not true….. we were more of a running team but he was the third highest rated qb in the league….. completed 62.7% of his passes while leading the league in average yards per attempt and average yards per completion.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
It was easy for some to ignore Prince's talent as it happened because of his sideshow and theatrics. Time has improved everyone's perspective and his legacy has aged like fine wine. The guy was a MONSTER songwriter, producer, guitarist, and all-around musician. He played every instrument on his first three records. He wrote "Manic Monday" and "Nothing Compares 2 U" under pseudonyms.

I find myself going back to watch old videos of him all the time. Check out his guitar solo on the George Harrison tribute or that Super Bowl halftime performance. Ridiculous talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back