Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
College Gameday gonna be in Columbia for the Lady Vols @ South Carolina game. 3rd ever women's basketball college gameday.

Edit: 1st: 2010 UConn hosted Notre Dame
2nd: 2011 Doubleheader - Knoxville, TN Men's hosted Vanderbilt at noon, Women' hosted Vanderbilt at 8pm.
3rd: 2022 South Carolina hosting Tennessee.

Note: That 2011 men's team was unranked and beat Vanderbilt that day 67-64. Went 19-15, 8-8 SEC. Bruce Pearl was fired about a month later.
The #5 Women's also beat Vanderbilt (68-56). Went on to win the SEC, and lose to Notre Dame in the Elite 8.

Last edited:
Screw the Toilet Bowl...I recorded the Phoenix Open and slept all afternoon and then watched it last night instead...that is one of my favorite golf tournaments and it was a doozy this year.

The Phoenix Open is the common man's Masters. Love them for completely different reasons. Both totally outclass the SB.

Cannot imagine the rush it has to be for the pros to step up to a tee shot on #16 with 17k fans surrounding the hole shouting and raining beer down if you hit a great shot or booing their heads off if you hit a poor one. Just awesome. Then they go to #17 with a risk/reward hole that can make or break the tournament as Theegala learned yesterday.

My favorite comment was that this halftime show was for all the people that had 6 disc CD changers in the trunk of their car….. that hit home bc I had one in my Trans Am that I owned during the 90’s.
Shoot...I just finally sold my '02 Avalon with 6-cd changer (not even in the trunk...fancy! 😅) only a couple months ago.

Luckily I got to sell my old girl to a good friend. I went over the top in selling him on the 6 cd changer. He wanted to know about silly things like a/c...transmission...I was like look STATE OF THE ART BOSE W/ 6 CD CHANGER!! Even let him keep the cds that were in there. He said he's been rocking Mighty Mighty Bosstones ever since 🤣 He is very happy with his purchase.

Yeah, glad most of you are of the same mindset. My FB blew up with "greatest half time show in a long time" and other BS.

I absolutely love Dre, Snoop, Eminem and 50 Cent. Listened to them a lot, and still do when I get an itch for Rap. But never feel like half time shows with lip syncing or non live music are the right fit. Prince is still my favorite performance, hard to top it imo.
Prince singing Best of You/Foo Fighters as the rain started down...then broke out into Purple Rain as it came pouring down to finish it off...my goodness

ImpartialBeneficialAlaskajingle-size_restricted.gif

Prince singing Best of You/Foo Fighters as the rain started down...then broke out into Purple Rain as it came pouring down to finish it off...my goodness

View attachment 434174
I have argued with pretty much everyone I know that Prince had the best show ever and it isn’t close, but I’m not convincing anybody. They couldn’t even name a Prince song besides Purple Rain.

I have argued with pretty much everyone I know that Prince had the best show ever and it isn’t close, but I’m not convincing anybody. They couldn’t even name a Prince song besides Purple Rain.
That's crazy. I'm not even sure there's a consensus #2. What I do know is there is a consensus #1. It's Prince alone at the top of the mountain and all the paupers scrounging for leftovers.

Those folks probably loved Black Eyed Peas 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back