Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I’d like to see from either a new baseball stadium or renovations is that the view into the outfield looks awful right now. No one wants to see a parking lot and a train car lot. If they build a whole new stadium, where would they put it though? However, I do think the current location is perfect bc fraternity row is right there so a lot of the rowdy students could party it up at their houses then mosey on down a few steps away.

Edit: I’m looking forward to seeing some potential renderings though. Does anyone know if anything has been presented by chance?

Two things that could automatically improve for the Vols
1 Pass Rush… (very obvious)
2 Short yardage against good teams like bammer, gata and georgia. Way way too many drives stalled out vs those 3 because we got absolutely dominated up front in short yardage many times. I think we’ll see solid progress in those areas
Problem with this offense is it relies on the D not knowing what's coming next, in those short yardage situations everyone knows. I think with a proper 2 or 3 deep Oline group we'll be much better though

Read up on this a little. He hated them because they were big rivals in the late 30s. Cafego also grew up in poverty and hated them because they thought they were privileged. Here is a quote from an article. He called them Harvard Make Believe.

He mostly despised the Commodores. He and they were polar opposites. He grew up in poverty. He resented their silver-spoon birthright and nose-in-air elitism.

Sometimes, when he thought about it, he just plain hated them. History says that started in ’37, when Vandy star Carl Hinkle slammed George to the ground, injured his knee, mocked the grimace and pain and told trainers to haul him away.

“He’s finished.”

After that, all Vanderbilters were guilty by association.

Incidentally, George wasn’t finished. Vandy didn’t score when he was a junior and senior tailback and safety. Vandy won three times in his 30 years as an assistant under Bowden Wyatt, Jim McDonald, Doug Dickey, Bill Battle and John Majors.
I was right...it's the same reason I hate them.

Ladies and gents
Exhibit A in beta maleness

Weekend #1...

Ole Miss underestimated this team. Got raced.

Next weekend...

Andy didn't pay attention to Ole Miss getting raced and thought they were gonna handle this team. Had their secret weapon, The Whistler, out there to intimidate the Vols. Got handled three games in a row.

Sounds more like the Vols are the ones doing the humbling.

Seems like the Vols just show up and play baseball, while the rest of the college baseball world keeps underestimating them. Keep it up BaseVols.

Last edited:
Play Vandy in Nashville in a series and give up just 4 runs while scoring 16 yourself.

Play Ole Miss in Oxford in a series and give up just 7 runs while scoring 26 yourself.

Ya know what, how about ya stfu Michael T Johnson and let the team/fans enjoy it! Cause soon as they drop a game I'm sure that a-hole and every other half wit "analyst" will suddenly be very chirpy about the team.

Ladies and gents
We're Volunteers! For any fight
Don't matter if we get our ass whooped or not you gonna know you tangled with somebody from Tennessee!

When the national spotlight is on us in Omaha and we embarass the broadcast with our celebration shenanigans but they have to show it:

1649078695411.gif

Ladies and gents
Don't matter if we get our ass whooped or not you gonna know you tangled with somebody from Tennessee!

Normally I agree with this. I'm in favor of sportsmanship. But TN didn't start the crap with Vandy, Ole Miss, or with Arkansas from last year for that matter. Ole Miss was saying the crap about us not being that good, couldn't hit in a big park like theirs, and that they underestimated us. Vandy pulled the crap with the bat checking. The Arkansas coach continually talks bad about us and Tony V.

We're the villains because we've been made out to be the villains not due to anything we have actually done. This team has embraced it. So as long as they aren't doing anything over the top directed at the other team or coach, I'm all for it. Checking your own bat and wearing a "daddy" hat isn't poor sportsmanship.

Play Vandy in Nashville in a series and give up just 4 runs while scoring 16 yourself.

Play Ole Miss in Oxford in a series and give up just 7 runs while scoring 26 yourself.

Ya know what, how about ya stfu Michael T Johnson and let the team/fans enjoy it! Cause soon as they drop a game I'm sure that a-hole and every other half wit "analyst" will suddenly be very chirpy about the team.
Oh u know that first loss, vandy fans, Lane Kiffin will be coming out the woodwork to run that jib

Last edited:
Ladies and gents

It only took a click on Mikey's twat page to see that you are 100% correct. He's counseling us rubes on how we are treat fellow betas. He an educamator. lol

Normally I agree with this. I'm in favor of sportsmanship. But TN didn't start the crap with Vandy, Ole Miss, or with Arkansas from last year for that matter. Ole Miss was saying the crap about us not being that good, couldn't hit in a big park like theirs, and that they underestimated us. Vandy pulled the crap with the bat checking. The Arkansas coach continually talks bad about us and Tony V.

We're the villains because we've been made out to be the villains not due to anything we have actually done. This team has embraced it. So as long as they aren't doing anything over the top directed at the other team or coach, I'm all for it. Checking your own bat and wearing a "daddy" hat isn't poor sportsmanship.
I'm not advocating for being dishonorable, I'm advocating for that Tennessee don't give a damn when someone misrepresents you

That whosoever maketh a lie thing? Comes into play here

Last edited:

Eh. If the game of baseball can humble this team and its fanbase, then so be it. We’ll stand humbled.

In the meantime, I’m going to enjoy the season, and these kids sure as h*ll have earned the right to have a bit of pride in their accomplishments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back