Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm good. I've heard comments all my life about my sister from my friends. Now she has 100k+ creeper followers on IG. I'd rather not exacerbate it or have to hear it on here 😂
I am not going to ask more, but she could make her IG private and not have any creeper followers that she did not let see her stuff. J/S.

Hey...question for you guys that understand technical baseball stuff..

Watching the game again and it looks like to me that Joyce, even though he still hitting big numbers on nearly every heater, is not getting the crazy movement he has shown throughout the season..I wonder why?

He just threw that 101 MPH right down the middle to Riopelle and it was just grooved with no movement. The guy was obviously sitting on the fastball.

I get that he was having an issue with throwing the Slider all over the yard so he was just throwing more fastballs, but I do not understand why lately it seems his fastball is not jumping around like it was. Does anybody have a thought on this?

Watching the game again and it looks like to me that Joyce, even though he still hitting big numbers on nearly every heater, is not getting the crazy movement he has shown throughout the season..I wonder why?

He just threw that 101 MPH right down the middle to Riopelle and it was just grooved with no movement. The guy was obviously sitting on the fastball.

I get that he was having an issue with throwing the Slider all over the yard so he was just throwing more fastballs, but I do not understand why lately it seems his fastball is not jumping around like it was. Does anybody have a thought on this?

I would say there is a small portion of him wanting to throw 106 in front of the scouts. when you try to throw too hard you grip the ball too tight and won’t get the same movement. The same thing happens with hitters that grip the bat too tight. The loose grip helps your hands roll over and the ball gets a good spin and will go farther.

Movement is created by grip/friction on the threads of the baseball and some of it is arm angle/release point…. If either one of those are off than you won’t get as much movement as normal.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I read this as, "I'm a good princess." Had to read it a couple times. 😆
I'm just flattered he thinks of me that way. Doesn't happen too much at my age. (Disclaimer: This is a joke. If you are offended in any way due to race, gender, sexual orientation, political orientation, get over yourself)

Movement is created by grip/friction on the threads of the baseball and some of it is arm angle/release point…. If either one of those are off than you won’t get as much movement as normal.
Figured..Joyce is a rare talent as a thrower, but Frank is going to have to teach him how to be a pitcher for him to realize all that potential.

He has got to learn how to keep hitters off balance.

What about air pressure/humidity/etc.? Will those factor into movement?

I believe Burns started trying to impress with his fastball mid-season. If you noticed, early in the year he was 91-94. Later he is throwing 95 and up. I believe these guys get enthralled with the scouts radar gun and forget how they became successful. This may have happened with Joyce. Sometime you try too much and it hinders your abilities.

I would say there is a small portion of him wanting to throw 106 in front of the scouts. when you try to throw too hard you grip the ball too tight and won’t get the same movement. The same thing happens with hitters that grip the bat too tight. The loose grip helps your hands roll over and the ball gets a good spin and will go farther.
Makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back