Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured..Joyce is a rare talent as a thrower, but Frank is going to have to teach him how to be a pitcher for him to realize all that potential.

He has got to learn how to keep hitters off balance.
He is just going through a slight rough stretch…. His overal metrics are extremely dominant…. I wish I knew if his spin rate had decreased in recent games.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I’ll definitely be there. Anyone going to the super regionals? I’m trying to go assuming we make it, but I know finding a ticket will be even more ridiculous than it was last year. And that year I spent $500 on two games.
Good deal. I'm gonna try to get a better spot than Calhoun's.

Movement is created by grip/friction on the threads of the baseball and some of it is arm angle/release point…. If either one of those are off than you won’t get as much movement as normal.
He was getting too much moving I think his last outting and hit couple batters. Will get drafted and worked with in the minors for a while.

Reactions: Glitch
I believe Burns started trying to impress with his fastball mid-season. If you noticed, early in the year he was 91-94. Later he is throwing 95 and up. I believe these guys get enthralled with the scouts radar gun and forget how they became successful. This may have happened with Joyce. Sometime you try too much and it hinders your abilities.
This is not true at all. He was 99-100 at the start and is still there now. Pitched 100 mph over and over the other night and was fantastic out of the pen.

Reactions: 67Vol and volsagain
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back