Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the truth. You and your negative nancy friends continue to move the target regardless of reality. This program was in bad shape and our staff has been on the job a month full time. Just getting in the conversation with some of these guys and getting them to visit was remarkable.

The staff is going to close this class out very well and ‘19 and ‘20 should be top 5 classes. If they’re missing on they’re top targets next February and we finish ~15th in 2019, then we should be concerned.

Personally, I can’t wait for Wednesday to be over so we can focus on spring ball and ‘19 class. Like I said, with JJ and Quay this class is a winner no matter who else we sign.

Getting in the conversation doesn't count Swanson. A class with a final ranking of 19 or 20 is not a winner.

I meant upper echelon. Not just 4 stars. Difference making, high level players. Walker and Peterson fit that bill (no guarantee we sign either one of them). Georgia signed 10 Top 100 players and look to add a few more. Alabama is the same.

They'll tell you Kirby hasn't proven he can develop his players though so they ain't worried

They'll tell you Kirby hasn't proven he can develop his players though so they ain't worried

Bring it. I am 38, and UGA has had multiple coaches who couldn't win a title with their talent over that time.

Funny you complain about us but praise Kirby Smart. I don't give a flip what UGA does, history has shown that they bring in talent and can't win the big one.

Reactions: 5 people
We'll need to be in the top 5 year in and year out if we're going to win championships. I didn't expect that by any means with this class, but I was hopeful we'd be able to crack the top 15. I'll be a little disappointed if that doesn't happen. If people don't like that, they can bite my arse. Still really excited about Pruitt regardless of where we end up.

That's where I'm at. Unfortunately the groupthink here won't allow for ANY dissenting ideas, no matter if we've both stated that we're still excited about Pruitt long-term.

Looks like you and I are alone again. Just like in August when we were telling everyone Butch was going to be fired.

Reactions: 3 people
That's where I'm at. Unfortunately the groupthink here won't allow for ANY dissenting ideas, no matter if we've both stated that we're still excited about Pruitt long-term.

Looks like you and I are alone again. Just like in August when we were telling everyone Butch was going to be fired.

Group think to wait for actual results before being disappointed? I'm all for dissenting ideas. I'm sure you two never attack dissenting ideas. You don't post negative hot takes to start an argument. Maybe you don't but chief has admitted doing that. All good though we don't agree here and probably won't about other things. This argument in every thread is a little annoying but hey 1st world problems.

Reactions: 4 people
I will be shocked if ITS picks the Vols.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 30 people
IMO, recruiting should be fun for us fans. It's a real let down to come to the RF and read all the negativity. If negative remarks are warranted then so be it. Don't dwell on it.

Sometimes our expectations get the best of us. Ultimately, it's our choice to be positive or negative. Why choose to be overly negative? It's not good for your well being. Not to mention this is all based on where teenagers decide to go to college....

Relax, we're doing fine...

Reactions: 3 people
I am hoping for JJ Quay ITS Ogbonnia and maybe one more surprise.

I have to say I know what happens in recruiting and kids going back and forth, they are 18, blah blah blah.... But for some reason the whole Young thing has my jimmies rustled... I sure hope we can still get him, but if he goes to FLST, I am not going to think highly of him and won't make any apologies...
The kid would straight up be going to a lower tier school if Pruitt hadn't taken an interest in him and shined a light on him from what I've read...
He could turn into another Otha Peters for all I care if he walks away from us...

This. The kid would have been at Valdosta State if Pruitt hadn't offered him. Maybe we still get him, but I'm skeptical at this point.

IMO, recruiting should be fun for us fans. It's a real let down to come to the RF and read all the negativity. If negative remarks are warranted then so be it. Don't dwell on it.

Sometimes our expectations get the best of us. Ultimately, it's our choice to be positive or negative. Why choose to be overly negative? It's not good for your well being. Not to mention this is all based on where teenagers decide to go to college....

Relax, we're doing fine...

Ha ha. I thought we would win the SEC last year, win 8 games this fall and that if Butch failed, our university would spend every dollar it took to land a Gruden-esque big name coach to put an end to our 10 years of misery. Reality has set in in a big way for me. Just enjoy the good things!

Following recruiting is clearly not what some of you need to be doing.

We have a proven, elite recruiter/coach as HC. Take a breath. This is just one step of many to elite status.

Reactions: 2 people
KV, Gucci, Chief: Here's an analogy since you all don't seem to get it....

I've got wonderful news for you. You all are being offered a free car, and you have dozens of choices. We've got some really nice cars over here for your consideration. They were designed and constructed by the best in the world, look "badass" (as the kids these days like to say!), and have years of verified top level performance.

You'll notice one in this group. It does look a little beat up, and we're not quite sure yet about the folks who will be designing and building future models. It has had periods in the past where it performed at a high level, but the information from the past 10 years or so isn't very impressive.

So, which car do you choose?

Pruitt and his staff, at this point, are trying to convince you to choose the car described last, and y'all want to b!tch that he's not convincing every blue chip athlete to make that choice?!?! If he gets one person to make that choice it's amazing. If/when he has a proven track record, it's not going to be so hard for him to close the deal. The fact that he has so many blue chip athletes even considering us is phenomenal.

That's bull butter. You're acting like this is some mid tier school who had a little success in the past. This is Tennessee dude. Everyone knows the credentials this program has so I won't even begin to mention all of them. So if he gets one elite athlete to come here that's amazing? That's completely ridiculous.

Our fans are idiots. I swear.

No other coach wanted the job. There almost literally is no one else besides Pruitt who will do this job. We should have learned that lesson in November. If he lands the two LBs that is a tremendous work.

That’s not lowering the bar. There is no bar. The last ten years took the bar and threw it out the window. We are a bottom feeder.

As it stands right now, with the leadership we have in place, this is a top 12 job at the very least. No other coach worth a doo doo wanted the job because John freaking Currie was the AD. Tennessee is not, never has been, and never will be a bottom feeder program.

Bring it. I am 38, and UGA has had multiple coaches who couldn't win a title with their talent over that time.

Funny you complain about us but praise Kirby Smart. I don't give a flip what UGA does, history has shown that they bring in talent and can't win the big one.

They just won the SEC and had a national title appearance in Kirby's second year, hoss. Not too shabby. Yet another fan who wants to pretend like one of our rival programs ain't doo doo. Georgia isn't going anywhere. Also, go ahead and tell me what I've complained about.

That's bull butter. You're acting like this is some mid tier school who had a little success in the past. This is Tennessee dude. Everyone knows the credentials this program has so I won't even begin to mention all of them. So if he gets one elite athlete to come here that's amazing? That's completely ridiculous.

I agree with this. I don't agree that we have missed on all of the elite prospects. We are arguing based on hypotheticals right now. We have a decent to really good chance to sign 3 elite prospects out of our final 8 spots. Then this argument probably goes away cause I imagine most of us would be happy with that.

Lol yep that's about right. Somebody has to set these clowns straight who want to pretend like every other program is garbage and everything to do with Tennessee athletics is just pie in the sky every hour of every day. Until reality hits.

Lol yep that's about right. Somebody has to set these clowns straight who want to pretend like every other program is garbage and everything to do with Tennessee athletics is just pie in the sky every hour of every day. Until reality hits.

The reality is you're still not an Indian..

Reactions: 1 person
They just won the SEC and had a national title appearance in Kirby's second year, hoss. Not too shabby. Yet another fan who wants to pretend like one of our rival programs ain't doo doo. Georgia isn't going anywhere. Also, go ahead and tell me what I've complained about.

Georgia, Florida and Bama will always be on our schedule and will usually be good teams. Good. What's yer point. Having really good rivals is not new for us. And I wouldn't want to have crappy rivals. That would be boring. And I quoted something you've complained about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back