Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDT there will be a lot of surprises today. After ESD, the top schools don't have that many spots left and most recruits told coaches yesterday to secure their spot.

Freak, the mobile has been better for me the last few days. Not sure if you switched something up but just thought I’d let you know.

Thanks

One thing that I would ask is if we do sign guys who we feel like are backup plans and we missed out on our higher targets, please don't go and crap all over their individual threads. This should be a day of celebration for them. There will be plenty of time to crap on them later if they don't pan out.

Reactions: 3 people
Two spots left.

wait, how is there 2? we signed 14 early, and have 4 today, so that's 5 left to get to 23. you basing it on the guys that are firmly committed? i honestly am asking since i dont keep up with this stuff

Norwood by far my favorite recruit right now, regardless of stars.. Rooting hard for him: (If this doesn't move you, then you aren't a VOL fan)

[twitter]961261993981300738[/twitter]

Reactions: 13 people
Early signing day hurts for sure, but I’d say more of it is because we don’t seem to be hunting with the big dogs.

That is true but remember we usually are booming about 25 times and that's been cut by about a third. If you miss on one and you've still got 24 to celebrate, it's doesn't sting as bad. When you miss on 1 and you only have 7 to celebrate it has more of an impact.

One thing that I would ask is if we do sign guys who we feel like are backup plans and we missed out on our higher targets, please don't go and crap all over their individual threads. This should be a day of celebration for them. There will be plenty of time to crap on them later if they don't pan out.

Second this. Today isn't our usual signing day. We're signing kids that normally wouldn't have gotten a scholarship here and while they know this, the opportunity means a lot to them. They're hungry and grateful-- so let's not dump on their excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back