Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Butch Jones have to do with today’s signing day?

You said we weren't hunting with the big dogs. That is primarily Butch Jones' fault, IMO. The kids we have started to recruit since CJP took over are on a different level. Jones recruited several big talents, e.g., Carvin and Emerson. However, we couldn't even entertain the likes of Coynis Miller, Quay Walker, JJ Peterson, Jacob Copeland, Tyson Campbell, or Griffin let alone get a text back while Jones was in charge.

It's still early, but CJP is recruiting to land top 10 classes based on his months in charge. Jones recruited for top 15-20 classes.

Reactions: 1 person
You said we weren't hunting with the big dogs. That is primarily Butch Jones' fault, IMO. The kids we have started to recruit since CJP took over are on a different level. Jones recruited several big talents, e.g., Carvin and Emerson. However, we couldn't even entertain the likes of Coynis Miller, Quay Walker, JJ Peterson, Jacob Copeland, Tyson Campbell, or Griffin let alone get a text back while Jones was in charge.

It's still early, but CJP is recruiting to land top 10 classes based on his months in charge. Jones recruited for top 15-20 classes.
My bar for success is not “better than Butch” and even if it was it’s very likely Butch would have done better than this.

My bar for success is not “better than Butch” and even if it was it’s very likely Butch would have done better than this.

and then they would have came here and never amounted to sh*t bc he couldnt coach. This guy is a damn football coach to his core. I feel good about development here even if this is a top 15-20 class. Next yr will be top 10.

Reactions: 2 people
wait, how is there 2? we signed 14 early, and have 4 today, so that's 5 left to get to 23. you basing it on the guys that are firmly committed? i honestly am asking since i dont keep up with this stuff

Add Gooden and Davis to get to 22. Both said they're signing today, not blueshirting. Perhaps that could change with Davis, and it's possible we could blueshirt someone else.

Mincey
Flowers
Tillman
Norwood
Gooden
Davis

and then they would have came here and never amounted to sh*t bc he couldnt coach. This guy is a damn football coach to his core. I feel good about development here even if this is a top 15-20 class. Next yr will be top 10.

You’re probably correct. Pruitt is very likely a much better coach than Butch and will very likely get more out of his players.

Doesn’t change the fact that today is looking like a colossal disappointment.

Lol. ESPNU running all the picks from the #1 overall player over the last few years. Stopped at 2016. Didn't Show Trey in 2017

That was so blatant my 10 yo noticed that this morning while watching coverage during his 2 hour delay for school. I was making breakfast, and he looked at me and said what about Trey Smith?!? lol

Michigan apparently had a dud of a signing day themselves. Jim Harbaugh's mediocrity there so far continues to perplex me.

Norwood by far my favorite recruit right now, regardless of stars.. Rooting hard for him: (If this doesn't move you, then you aren't a VOL fan)

[twitter]961261993981300738[/twitter]

That last quote in the tweet got me pumped up. Love the kids attitude. Glad he’s a Vol.

Reactions: 3 people
Is it just me or has this been one of the worst signing days for our program? Maybe it's that early signing period took all the fun out of today. I don't know.

Is it just me or has this been one of the worst signing days for our program? Maybe it's that early signing period took all the fun out of today. I don't know.

You do realize at one point we were ranked like 60th? Today could be a lot worse, if we have anyone other than Pruitt and today would be even worse

We missed on a bunch of targets that looked like Vol leans at least during some part of the process. Makes for a disappointing day.

Reactions: 3 people
You do realize at one point we were ranked like 60th? Today could be a lot worse, if we have anyone other than Pruitt and today would be even worse

It could have been worse for sure, still seems disappointing but the early signing period really really hurt teams in our position. Where do we look to finish?

So it appears we are going to strike out on all our top targets, lose 2 of our 4* commitments, and sign a bunch of 3 stars today?

Oof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back