Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are the legit #6 team in the country 18 games after going 3-7!
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this. . . even when we were loaded with talent like Dobbs, Kamara, Hurd, Barnett, etc, we were never a legitimate top10 team.

If I'm being honest, I thought we were a little over-ranked going into LSU. I guess I wasn't fully sold that we've overcome our roster issues so soon. I thought some of those deficiencies would show their ugly mug against LSU. . . The way we slaughtered LSU @ Death Valley changed my opinion. I'm on the "Tennessee is really good" train now.

The coaches and team honestly believe they are gonna win each game and they're preparing to do it every week. I don't think the majority of fans had that mindset. I do think many fans were on the "believe it when I see it" train. They've made a believer out of me, the way the just continue to find a way to win or dominate teams.

I'm all-in. I don't think there is a team in America who can out-scheme, out-execute, or out play our coaches and players. The only thing anyone can do at this point is out-talent us and our guys are showing that doesn't mean much.

15-0!

Go Vols!!!

Same here but I just dont think Bama nor Ga can stop our offense. We had a chance at Bama last year until the pick six and that took the wind out of our sail. If we played Bama last night at their place ,Tn would have beaten them like they did LSU. I will have to see Bama beat Tn before I believe it. Same goes for Ga. This is not me with orange colored glasses on. All one would have to do is watch those 2 teams play. I just want our D to match the offense,

Perennial power Bama and reigning National Champ UGA don’t have to do the proving. Revived giant bullying their way back into national prominence WELL ahead of schedule has to do the proving. That’s what makes this so much fun.

Only because he had that terrible stretch after he got knocked out. Someone followed his next few series and went 2-9 missing a bunch of wide open receivers.

Hopefully he wasn't concussed.

Fumble probably didn't help either, but this is what's great about this team. We keep putting up bigly incomplete performances, but still find ways to win, or in this case, bleauxout the other team.

That's what really good teams are able to do.
I said this yesterday...we beat the absolute 💩 out of them on their field...and Hooker had nowhere near his best stuff, at least after that hit he didn't.

We would have hung 50+ on them otherwise.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this. . . even when we were loaded with talent like Dobbs, Kamara, Hurd, Barnett, etc, we were never a legitimate top10 team.

If I'm being honest, I thought we were a little over-ranked going into LSU. I guess I wasn't fully sold that we've overcome our roster issues so soon. I thought some of those deficiencies would show their ugly mug against LSU. . . The way we slaughtered LSU @ Death Valley changed my opinion. I'm on the "Tennessee is really good" train now.

The coaches and team honestly believe they are gonna win each game and they're preparing to do it every week. I don't think the majority of fans had that mindset. I do think many fans were on the "believe it when I see it" train. They've made a believer out of me, the way the just continue to find a way to win or dominate teams.

I'm all-in. I don't think there is a team in America who can out-scheme, out-execute, or out play our coaches and players. The only thing anyone can do at this point is out-talent us and our guys are showing that doesn't mean much.

15-0!

Go Vols!!!
As a young fan, always hearing about the 90's. Not getting to witness 98..... This has been so special so fun, when the magic continues Saturday it will be unreal. My only wish is I hope I get to experience one of those games in Neyland.

As a young fan, always hearing about the 90's. Not getting to witness 98..... This has been so special so fun, when the magic continues Saturday it will be unreal. My only wish is I hope I get to experience one of those games in Neyland.
It's nothing like the 90's. We were good and everyone knew it. Fans would be excited for the season, but as soon as we lost a game, the season was over. Back then a SEC/National Title was the only goal. We were so spoiled that a 2 loss team was just OK. 3 losses was a bad year. 4+ losses, start firing coaches.

I want to play them with BY. If we win, I don’t want any excuses as to why we won. Plus, BY won’t run the ball with a bum shoulder. He will play tentative most likely.
There's no scenario where BY is worse than that guy they trotted out last night. I'll take a win over Bama any day, backup qb or no

It's nothing like the 90's. We were good and everyone knew it. Fans would be excited for the season, but as soon as we lost a game, the season was over. Back then a SEC/National Title was the only goal. We were so spoiled that a 2 loss team was just OK. 3 losses was a bad year. 4+ losses, start firing coaches.
Im just talking about the excitement, and energy. Since I can actually watch and remember what is going on, ive never witnessed anything close to this. Early 16 was close, but you could tell the wheels were gonna fall off.

🤔 Never thought of it that way. Always wondered how someone could enjoy that. I see the East as an adventure over every hill even if it’s a walk in the same woods. Something new to enjoy you missed the time before. Then add in the changing of seasons! And October is the beyond spectacular with glorious changes everyday. I don’t want to be freed.
It's a claustrophobic feeling...especially here where I live where it is just straight up a mountainside in every freaking direction. When the song says the sun comes up about 10 in the morning, and the sun goes down about three in the day...it ain't exaggerating. There are a ton of places up here that never receive direct sunlight during the late fall, winter and early spring.

If you had been raised on the plains...you would understand. I too love the mountains and the trees and colors in the fall.

Rode my motorcycle all the way through Nebraska on Highway 2. The Sandhills are amazing.
We drove all the way across the Sand Hills from Wounded Knee to York on backroads back in 2011...we drove over 80 miles at one point without seeing a another human being...I loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back